17. I Caught a Tartarus

Part 6/12 of New Year's Chapters 

Draco POV

Gods, Percy's memories were dark.

I saw small parts of Tartarus, and lots of his friends' deaths. I was so happy when Alana said that Percy was good. I couldn't do any more. I left and went for bed.

Percy POV

I feel like my mind's gonna blow. Draco was not kidding about that brain melting thing. I kept walking back to the Gryffindor room. I looked and saw Ron walking with Hermione.

"Hey there Ron, Hermione!"

"Hey Percy!"

"Hi Percy."

Hermione stopped me.

"Can you tell us how it went?"

"Yeah, Alana thinks it might work. Just need to get Tartarus in my head, and Voldemort to cast Legilimency. Then we're good."

Ron nodded along and dragged Hermione away.

"Come one 'Mione! Neville's waiting."

"Fine! Hope it works Percy."

I nod.

I need so much sleep. I crash onto my bed and fall away.

"Nice to finally see you again Percy."

I look up.

Tartarus.

Come on focus. Control him. It's your mind. Your mind, your thoughts, your control.

I look up and see Tartarus trapped. He can't get to me at all. It was as if an invisible barrier was blocking him from me.

Oh gods, never underestimate Alana. She's a f*cking genius.

"Percy Jackson! You can't hold me for long! You're a demigod, and I'm a primordial! I will beat you."

He threw his fists against the barrier and I felt a pain in my head. Obviously holding him would hurt. Gotta hold him till Voldemort chooses to attack.

Have to wake up. Come on wake up Percy!

I open my eyes and see the sun. I can hear Tartarus yelling in my head. God he's going to give me such a headache.

I tried to get up, and toppled over. Okay, this is gonna be a whole lot harder than I thought.

After a few tries I was able to function kinda normally. I walked over to Ron and Harry as they were walking to the Great Hall.

"Hey guys. I did it!"

Ow ow. No yelling it hurts.

Harry turned around.

"You gotta Tartarus in your head?"

I nod and wince at the sudden pain from Tartarus.

"Does it hurt?"

I scoff at Ron's question.

"Yeah obviously. I have a demon thing trapped in my head, and he desperately wants to get out."

They nod and continue walking. I follow and sway slightly. As I got to the Hall I saw Alana and I ran over to her.

"Alana. Your idea worked. If Voldemort comes we just need to make him use Legilimency on me, and we're set!"

Gods, I suck at following my own rules. I felt the pain in my head again and I tried focusing on Tartarus. Don't let him go. Control.

"Percy! Percy!"

I look at Alana. Her face showed confusion.

"I called your name like five times. Are you okay?"

I nod.

"Yeah, it just takes some time to focus, you know."

"Got it, and I think I have a way for Voldemort to use the spell."

I look up at her.

"Really?"

"Yeah. If we act like you know exactly how to kill Voldemort, then he'll look through your memories to prevent it from happening."

"You really think that'll work?"

Alana scowls and stares at me.

"You do have an evil monster in your head right?"

"Fair enough you were right about Tartarus."

"Good. Now I'm going to eat."

Okay, so just act like you know everything. Gods, I wish I had Annabeth. She would know exactly what to tell me.

No stop, focus. Go eat and act normal.

Annabeth POV

Percy did it! He got Tartarus. Why can't I be there to help him through this.

"Annabeth, live your afterlife. Don't mope around with stuff from the mortal world."

I turn around and see Luke eating some Big Belly Burger. That's all he ever eats down here.

"You're telling me you didn't think about life above while down here?"

Luke threw me a burger and sat down.

"I thought so much about it, but it didn't help. It just made me sadder. Just live the life after. Come on."

I smile. One thing I liked about Elysium was that I got to see all the people I thought I lost.

Silena and Beckendorf played around with each other. Lee and Michael laughed and did whatever. Jason was always practicing for no reason. There were so many more, but there were too many to name all.

I look back to the portal. Percy was talking with Alana about what happened. He looked so excited and cute. Gods, please I just want to see him again. I just want him to see and kiss me one last time.

But I'm dead and down here while he's alive and up there.