7. What A Day

Percy POV

"It means that three people will stand at dawn or dusk. That's when the light of the moon and sun are both shining." I take a breath after that. I woke up to the sun's glare blinding me and immediately got it.

I kept questioning if it really was correct though. Dumbledore brings my brain back. "How could you know that Perseus? What does the word 'bows' have to do with the sun and moon?"

I take a second to think about the phrasing. "In Greek mythology Artemis and Apollo represent the moon and sun. Artemis and Apollo are also archery gods. Indicating the 'bows' part. Bows symbolise Apollo and Artemis.

Apollo and Artemis symbolise the sun and moon. The sun and moon both give off light. The best time would be near dusk or dawn. The time when they are usually parallel to each other."

I wait for them to understand what I had just said. I shuffle over to the table, and stuff my mouth with food. My brain hurts. After a bit I feel a hand on my shoulder. On instinct I grab it and flip it to the floor.

I realize it was Harry with Dumbledore behind him. I let go and mumble an apology. Dumbledore puts his hand on my shoulder this time. "Percy, we would just like to thank you for helping us with that part of the prophecy. Though why our world is tying into Greek myths is unknown."

I nod, not bothering to say anything. I silently go back to eating. Classes were normal, and I went to bed early that day. I woke up in a very gloomy place. It was going so well too.

***Great. I'm back in the Craphole known as Tartarus. I look up, and I'm instantly pushed onto my stomach. I heard the jingle of glass against stone. Tartarus's voice is heard. "Ready to surrender Percy? Or will I have my guest here longer than I thought?"

I bit my tongue. Talking back won't help. Tartarus snaps the whip. It clings onto my back, and slowly comes out. I gasp feeling my blood spew over the floor. He chuckles and goes again. Again. Again. My back was starting to numb, and I was nearing a scream.

Just as I thought I was fine, he kicked me into the wall. I screamed out. The pain from the whip, then the wall was too much. As I hit and fell I heard the crack of breaking bones. Tartarus smirks. "Are you sure Perseus?"

I was about to punch him when I stopped myself. I need energy for later. He grabs a dirty gag, and shoves it into my mouth. "This might hurt Perseus." I felt a fiery sensation against my neck. I cried out in pain. My screams were muffled, but audible through the gag.

I looked and saw Tartarus holding a metal rod. I felt smoke rising from my skin. He pulled away and I saw what it was. A metal 'T' was slightly red and withdrawing from my body. I feel hot tears dripping from my face. Tartarus puts on a fake sympathetic look.

He wipes my tears away. "Awww, is the little Hero crying over a branding?" I growl at him, but he slaps me. I fall back, and end up under his boot. "Stay down Percy. Sometimes you don't know when to quit."

He grabs a sword, and scars over my stomach with it. I felt the pain as he playfully dragged the blade across me like a kid with crayons. I scream. Then I curl into a ball. Tartarus lets out an evil laugh. "Looks like you have quit."

I spit out blood before speaking. "I haven't given up Tartarus. I NEVER give up." I spit blood into his eye. He growls and stabs the sword in me. I gasp and cry in the wrenching pain from the action.

"You will NOT fight in this battle. You will NOT fight against me. You will NOT defeat me like you did the others. You surrender or you'll regret it."***

My Wizarding Cousin (Harry Potter and Percy Jackson Crossover)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें