10. Alana?

Ello Y'alls!  Naman_champ here is the chapter you were pushing me to write!  Thank you for it!  You talking me to update reminds me to do it.  Also two updates one day?  I have not done that in a while.

                                  Love Y'alls

                                        -Alice

Alana POV

It was midnight. I was sitting on my bed staring outside the window. I was up trying to help Percy with the prophecy stuff.

I needed to figure out a way to destroy them. Percy told me a bit about Tartarus. He was the one that brought Voldemort back. He's very much immortal and powerful.

But the real thing that stumped Percy, and me, was how Tartarus was working. How did he help Voldemort? Percy told us that Tartarus is trapped in Tartarus.

I sigh and put the notepad onto the desk next to me. The stars outside look so bright. Then I see my favorite one. It barely shows up at Hogwarts, but I guess with the school being magic and all they could see many more constellations.

I grin greatly when I see it.

The Hunter.

That pattern showed up a few years ago. Just kind of appeared in the shape of a girl with a bow. I've seen Percy look at it wearily when we worked together at night.

His eyes were always full of regret and deep sadness when he saw it. I stare closely at the stars.

The Hunter was just a regular constellation, but it seemed so special to me. I shake my head. I should really get some sleep.

Just as I'm about to dream off, I snap awake. Should I really go to sleep?

Part of me needs it. 'Yes, go to sleep, and get some rest.'

But then the other part of me says it's dangerous. 'Don't go to sleep. Stay awake, it's for your safety.'

I really wanted sleep, but I really felt like I shouldn't as well.

I gave up, and forced myself to sleep.

Bad idea.

Percy POV

Last night was weird. Tartarus said he'd 'get his revenge' of whatever. But he wasn't even there last night. For once, I had a peaceful sleep. Wait, then why am I complaining?

I walk over to the sink, and splash my face with water. I meet up with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, then head to lunch. Draco waves at me, and I return it.

The Trio hasn't really warmed up to him, but at least they have stopped calling him too many bad names. We sit down, and I notice something odd. Alana is not anywhere to be seen.

I stand up. "Um, hey guys. I'm going to ask the others where Alana is, got it?"

Hermione nods, and scowls at Harry and Ron. They were stuffing their faces like pigs. I laugh, and walk over to where Alana's friends sit.

I put my hand on Matt's shoulder. He was a tall dude with dirty blonde hair, and green eyes. "Hey! Do you guys know where Alana is?"

The girl next to him, -Thea- answers my question. "She wouldn't get out of bed today. Said she was fine, but she looked scared as ever."

I frown. That was not a good sign. "Thanks for the update, and tell me if something else happens!"

I walk away thinking my head off. As I walk back I notice that Gabbi seemed a little different. She was staring at me, but never walked towards me anymore.

Then when we talk about the prophecy, she seems to smirk when we can't figure anything out. Gabbi was always sketchy before, but now. She could be a potential spy.

I sit back down, and lower my voice to a whisper. "Hermione, watch out of Gabbi ok? She doesn't seem right."

Hermione nods stiffly, and continues to laugh with Ron. Harry looks at me.

"Percy, I think the three in the prophecy are you, and Alana at least."

I choke on my potatoes. That was very unexpected. I turn to look at him.

"Why would you think that? I know Alana would be one of them, but why me!?"

I groan, and curse the Fates for dragging me into another prophecy. I was gonna help solve it, not actually live it.

"You and Alana work so hard on this prophecy. You have already made it clear that Alana was one of them. Then you would be perfect because of all your old heroics, and your involvement with this war."

I'm quiet. Harry does make a point. I stare at him dead in the eye. "If I'm in it, then so are you."

He opens his mouth to protest, but pauses and closes it. "Good."

I end the conversation, and continue my food.

-̤͓-̤͓-̤͓-̤͓-̤͓-̤͓-̤͓-̤͓-̤͓-̤͓T̤͓i̤͓m̤͓e̤͓ S̤͓k̤͓i̤͓p̤͓ T̤͓o̤͓ A̤͓f̤͓t̤͓e̤͓r̤͓ C̤͓l̤͓a̤͓s̤͓s̤͓e̤͓s̤͓-̤͓-̤͓-̤͓-̤͓-̤͓-̤͓-̤͓-̤͓-̤͓-̤͓

 Classes have finally ended. I did fine in some of them, and did pretty well in others.

I ran up to the Ravenclaw dorms. I wait for a different student to let me in. These smarties change their password constantly for an 'easy warm-up' throughout the day. I couldn't solve these problems even if I was normal.

Then I see a kid. He solves the problem quickly and let's me in. "Be careful Percy. Alana isn't herself today."

He says it like she would kill me the second I walk in. As I walk up the steps, I start slowing down. I was going into the girls' dorm. My face heats up, and I hope it's cleaner than the boys.

I open the dorm, and let out a relieved breath. The room looked clean. But then I noticed Alana. She was staring out the window. Her bed was a mess like mine. I walk up, and put a hand on her shoulder.

She flinches, and stares at me wearily. "S-Sorry Percy. Just a bit j-j-jumpy."

I frown. Something was scaring her. I didn't know, and I knew she wouldn't want to tell. I sat down next to her, and smiled. The Hunter was out.

I still blame myself for what happened to Zoë. But I knew she wouldn't want me to dwell too much in the past. I guess I looked pretty weird to Alana because she shook my arm violently.

"A-are you ok P-Percy? You kind o-of dreamed off."

I nod quickly. "Yeah I'm fine, Alana. The real question is are you ok?"

She looks down, and says nothing. I cup her face in my hand. "Hey, I don't want to make you uncomfortable. I just want to know what's going on."

Alana looks at me, and opens her mouth. She holds up her finger to start explaining, but closes her mouth. Her finger falls to her side.

I sigh. "It's ok Alana. I'm going to leave now."

I walk off, glancing over my shoulder to see her. I hope she'll be ok. I thank the other Ravenclaws, and tell them to watch after Alana.

I leave, and rush back to the Gryffindor Common Room. I see Harry and Ron, and tell them everything going on.

"Ok, so what are we doing now?"

Harry answers for me. "We wait for the prophecy to unravel."

I nod. That was the hardest part about prophecies. You don't know when it'll start or end.

I head to sleep with a burning headache. I flop onto the bed, and wonder about my dreamless sleep.