Chapter Eleven: Evangeline White

I haven't seen Mac ever since our kiss, it's been an entire week. I'm not even avoiding him, I've been running ragged trying to run my own company and dealing with the idiots back in England, who apparently can't function without me. I've been running all sorts of rubbish in and out of several different countries for not only my businesses but everyone else's for some unknown reason.

I have amassed quite a few favours though which is always my favourite part of doing things for other people because it means they owe you. Thankfully, tonight I get to unwind by going to dinner with idiots I actually like. It's been a long day of phone calls, emails and meetings but it's over now and I get to rinse my friends of their cash.

I head into the bathroom to tidy up my makeup and brush through my curls, pulling them into a high ponytail to keep them away from my face. I change out of the suit that's rumpled from a day's use and change into a nicer one. It's baby blue with a dropped jacket and a tight, white camisole. 

I slip on my nude Louboutin pumps and spritz some of my favourite perfume. I fluff my hair before grabbing my handbag and heading out to the town car I booked so I can drink however much I like without worrying about my car. 

I'm not surprised to find Malcolm here first, he's always the most punctual of us all. He runs his own company that controls a lot of the oil in America so he definitely rakes in the cash compared to the rest of us. He's only forty-three, though he looks younger, and he has dark hair and always wears Armani suits. He has never bought a different designer before. He's entirely self made and I've known him for close to eight years.

"Hello gorgeous." I roll my eyes as he squeezes me into a hug, his signature grin on his face as he twirls me to survey my outfit. Perv. "Well, you still look fucking phenomenal." He has a wife, a lovely wife he's been married to since before I met him, but she doesn't seem to mind when he outwardly flirts with me.

"I know." I wink and he chats away about his most recent acquisition when a cab pulls up with Luiz in. Luiz is my favourite. He took over his mother's fragrance company that was originally started in France but markets mainly to Americans and he makes good money. He's flamboyant and a massive pain in the arse but he's just fun, one of the ones that just brighten up your day. He's wearing a velvet suit in a deep red with a white shirt, the buttons basically undone. His excuse being, 'I'm in my thirties, gotta let this shit breathe'. 

"Evangeline, you sexy little vixen." He smirks slyly while I laugh. I bow and he laughs with me, kissing both of my cheeks as soon as I'm stood straight before shaking Malcolm's hand in greeting. "So, you guys been having good sex?" I smack him for that, making his laughter even louder and the people dining in the restaurant look out the windows to spot us. 

"Fuck me, man, why is that always the question you ask first?" Malcolm asks, shaking his head and awkwardly pivoting in his spot. He's a bit of a private person compared to the rest of us, Luiz however tells us every detail of his sordid activities to the point where it would make even the freakiest person uncomfortable. 

"Because the news tells me all about how much money you're making and all the other stuff but I don't know anything about your sex lives."

"Maybe it's that way for a reason." Malcolm returns, adamant on keeping his private life private. Malcolm is relieved when Simon pulls up in a black Range Rover, stepping out gracefully. Simon owns a retail chain so he flies around the world more often than I do, you can hardly ever catch him with the others so we always make these nights last as long as possible.

He's wearing a basic blue suit with pinstripes, forgoing the tie and the waistcoat he wears for business meetings. He's very proper and one of the two to be raised in wealth while the rest of us started out very poor. "Evangeline, darling, you look more and more stunning every time I see you."