Chapter Twenty-Four: Mackenzie Grant

I always love hangover days when I'm not hungover. We all gather in the lounge and eat whatever we can stomach and drink enough water to drown ourselves. It's currently eleven am and everyone is laying around whining about their heads. Saviour and I are the only ones that aren't having a hard time. 

I haven't seen Evangeline today but I'd assume she's fine too considering how high her tolerance is. "Why did we drink so much?" Lexie whines, her head in Bear's lap and a cold cloth resting on her forehead. Nova put it here before her and Rogue left sometime this morning with the kids, since neither of them come out with us they look after the kids so no one has to deal with them whilst hungover.

They require a lot of energy and these idiots can't even sit up without passing out. "Good morning!" Eva shouts, slamming the front door behind her and causing a rolling wave of groans. She laughs gorgeously as she takes in the state of the room. "God, you guys are a mess." She sits down on the arm of my chair, which has sort of become our thing at this point, and she watches as Lexie forces herself into a half sitting position to glare properly. 

"This is your fault. If you had cut us off earlier, this would not have happened." 

"I tried to cut you off, you threatened to kill the bartender if he didn't hand over the tequila and he gave in very swiftly. This is all on you, Lex." 

"I don't remember that." That makes Eva laugh harder. Lexie lays back down with a grunt and Bear massages her head despite looking green himself. 

"And how are you?" Eva asks me, I look up at her with a smile. "You look fine, not hungover?" Her hand caresses my chin before she bops my nose. 

"No, I didn't drink that much. They kept taking scotch in shots." Eva's jaw drops.

"I paid five hundred dollars on a bottle of scotch for them to shot it, that's disgraceful." I kiss her hand as she pulls her phone out of her bag. "I swear nothing exciting happens until I'm too busy to do it." 

"What's up?" 

"Just some drama going down for Luiz again, as expected the pool boy is suing him again and now Luiz is countersuing for defamation. I have to send him one of my best lawyers, I don't have one of those. I just have one that is way too ruthless for something as basic as a defamation suit." I always forget how extensive her network is, I mean she sent out entire teams of doctors to her daughters when they were injured and now people come straight to her for everything. "Romeo, darling, can I borrow your set up?"

Romeo just puts his thumb up, refusing to take his arm off of his eyes to block the light. I decide to follow Eva, these hungover idiots are boring compared to her, and I sit in Romeo's chair. Eva goes to sit in Saviour's seat but I pull her into my lap instead. "What is it with you and yanking me into your lap?" 

"I want you on me." I respond shortly, trailing my fingers down her slacks as she leans into me.

"Don't distract me or I will move, deal?" I nod, deciding whether it's even possible not to touch her when she's right here. I wrap my hands around the armrests, now seriously regretting putting her on me as I fight the temptation. I can't even watch what she's doing on the computers because I know nothing about technology and she's typing so quickly I can't keep up with her.

I listen to the keystrokes and concentrate on the repetitive tip-tap just to stop me from bending her over Romeo's desk and fucking her into next week. That would be a hell of a distraction... and she definitely would be moving. I clear my throat and rub my index finger on my top lip as I stare at the wall, unable to continue staring at the small sliver of skin revealed by the gap between her slacks and her shirt. 

"Are you okay, Mac?" She asks teasingly.

"I'm thinking about fucking you against this desk. If we were in my office I would've done it already." I can feel her react to my words in more than one place and that doesn't help me stop myself from doing it. 

"At least you have respect for Romeo's things." Her voice is a little breathless but she's holding it better than I am, even if I can feel her heartbeat between her legs. The next half an hour is thick with sexual tension as she works away on whatever she's doing and as soon as she's finished that we get called into the lounge. 

I take my seat, she sits on the armrest next to me and I thank God for the distance because I can calm down easier now. "So, the wedding is in three days. Has everyone done the tasks I've asked them to do?" Lexie asks and I feel a slight panic before remembering my only job was to make sure the place is well protected, I do that every day so I don't need to worry. "Marielle?"

"Flowers are ordered and will be here tomorrow. Ollie, Gem and Runner have agreed to putting them together again... well the kids did. Runner was dragged into it again." Runner pouts but he should be grateful, the rest of us have to carry all the heavy shit while he sits there playing with flowers. 

"Saviour?"

"I have secured Riley's favourite alcohol from Iosif by the barrel load and Eva has agreed to giving us scotch." I look up at her in surprise, I really hope it's not the scotch that I like because I don't want to share.

"Relax, different vintage." She whispers to me and I relax, making her laugh softly. 

"Romeo?"

"I have my camera set up along with two back up batteries, four memory cards and a back up drive to keep the pictures on while I edit them." 

"Cassidy?" 

"I've spoken to the dressmaker, the final touches are being added as we speak. I'll be able to pick it up early tomorrow morning for final try on, the designer will be here tomorrow night to see it on." 

"Speaking of that dress, when do I need to pay for it?" Eva chips in, her hand already in her bag for her phone. Cassidy says to pay tomorrow when the designer comes and Eva notes that down in her calendar, from here I can see that it is already packed. I didn't realise that Eva was paying for it though I shouldn't be surprised, she's the only parent Riley has. 

"Nova?"

"I have checked with all three Mafia Dons and spoke with Mac, all of them will be attending with their wives and we've agreed on four guards each." Nova has become our go-between as she seems to be the only one that can talk them into doing something in less than an hour, no one else has had such luck except their wives. 

"Juniper?"

"Rubble and I are going into the bakery tomorrow to start the cake, it'll be ready on the day so it doesn't go bad before we can eat it. The prospects are going to help me transport it here when it's done." 

"Eva?"

"I have successfully attained that thing you asked for from Luiz, it's being delivered early tomorrow morning as will my scotch. I'll be paying for the dress tomorrow as well."

"Riley?"

"My sisters have both got their dresses as you commanded and the husband-to-be hasn't legged it yet so I'd say I'm doing a great job at this wedding stuff." Riley was given the easy job which was basically make sure her family was informed of everything, she can be quite forgetful sometimes and we blame it on the explosion she was in and the coma wreaked havoc on her short term memory.

"Good, we're ready to roll then."