Chapter 7: Unpacking

It was silent after I finished. Dom took a minute to process what I had just said.

"Look, you don't have to do anything just because you're my imprint. I don't want you to feel obligated to love me, I can just be a friend if that's what you need me to be." I told him softly. He looked at me and let out a huff.

"Alright,.. I won't deny that I feel a connection with you. I haven't decided how I feel about you yet but, I was worried about you when you had the fever." He admitted making me look at him in surprise, he felt the bond? "We are just friends for now. Got it?" He said and I nodded before picking up my bag and we both walked through the curtain and out to the others.

"So, now that you've had that conversation, you need to know that Zalla is gonna be pretty protective of you now. It's her instinct to protect her imprint." Ruby said making Letty smirk.

"Looks like Dom's got himself a new guard dog." She said making the others chuckle while Dom rolled his eyes.

"Does this mean you're staying here?" Jesse asked and I looked at everyone before nodding.

"I guess so." I said before getting pulled into a group hug, Dom and Ruby standing off to the side.

"Looks like we got a new member of the family, aye Mia?" Vince laughed as he wrapped an arm around me. Mia smiled at me and pulled me into a seperate hug.

"Thank god! I'm glad your staying, I need another girl around here." She said making me smile at her.

"I can tell, you seem deprived of female friends." I laughed before the smell of mango, chili's and ink hit me. "Looks like the Toretto's have a theme of smelling like spicy fruit." I snorted making Ruby burst out laughing while the others were confused.

"What do you mean?" Letty asked before sniffing Mia. "I don't smell anything."

"I have enhanced senses. I can hear, see and smell a lot better. Everyone has a unique sent to them. Mia smells like ink, chili's and mango while Dom smells like musk, spicy peaches and sugar." I explained making Mia look at me excited.

"Wait, what do I smell like?" Vince asked me making me chuckle.

"Gas, wood and maple."

"What about Letty, Ruby and Jesse?" Mia questioned.

"Letty is like, metal, honey and clementines, Ruby is like Rain, cinnamon and leather and Jesse is like Chocolate, mint and electricity." I said quickly.

"Okay, enough questions. I think it's about time we head out." Dom's voice broke out.

"He's right, we can talk more about this later." Ruby said before pointing to me. "Dom and I have decided you will be staying with him and Mia instead of Letty and I. Your things are already in the guest room." She told me making me nod. Mia grinned and hugged me again making me laugh.

"Finally! Another girl in the house!" She hailed before she and Dom went to his car.

"Try not to wolf out on the road, alright?" Vince joked, him and Letty each leaving to their respective cars while Ruby dragged me over to the truck. She tossed me the keys and I hopped in the driver's side. Once Ruby was in I drove out onto the road.

"I stocked up the truck again, Billy told us that wolves eat a lot so I put a big bag of snacks in your room. Figured then you wouldn't eat all their food at once then." She laughed making me chuckle, she opened the cooler and pulled out a bag of beef jerky before handing me a piece.

"Thanks, I guess this means I owe you food?" I asked. Her and I made a deal a while ago, if one of us buys the other snacks then the other owes them food.