Chapter 13: Nightmare

The past few days have been wonderful.

I've gotten closer with everyone here, especially Dom, and I feel very happy here. I sold some more paintings. I've helped out with the shop whenever I could and the girls and I have spent a lot more time together. We even went to the beach! Going to a beach that wasn't cold as all hell even on warm days was different, but a good different. I also learned that it's very hard for me to overheat. We had a very hot day and everyone was sweating while I was perfectly fine, I found it pretty funny to be honest! Everything was going great.

Then this happened..

☆▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪☆

February 10th, 2003.

I woke up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily from the nightmare I just had. It was still dark out, maybe around 3 am. I quickly threw a shirt on and reached for my phone, fear still coursing through me as I dialed my mom's number. After a few rings a tired voice answered.

"Zalla?" My mother asked making me hold my breath, a sniffle escaping me. "Sweetheart, what's wrong?" She asked me, the tired tone to her voice was rapidly replaced with concern.

"Nothing." I said as I took a deep breath. "Is dad okay?" I asked, my gut was telling me he was in danger.

"Yea, he's right beside me." I sighed in relief. "Are you sure you're okay, honey?" She asked me gently, obviously hearing my sigh. I got up out of bed, slipping on some slipper boots, my red and blue plaid pants swishing around my legs.

"I just woke up from a nightmare and had a feeling something was wrong with dad, like he was gonna have a heart attack or something." I admitted as I quietly walked down the stairs. "I must just be feeling homesick." Mum sighed at that and the faint sound of footsteps on her end could be heard.

"Your father is fine sweetheart," she reassured me. "and you could always come home if you feel homesick." She suggested making me smile. My mother was always willing to make anyone feel welcome if they needed it.

"I wish I could but I can't. Not right now." I said with a sigh as I entered the kitchen and filled a glass with water, taking a sip to help my dry throat.

"You'll have to face Sam eventually, sweetheart." Mum said making me scoff, taking a seat at the dining table.

"Although I hate him, he's not why I'm staying here." I said with a smile.

"Then what is it?" She asked curiously.

"I met my imprint." I admitted and she gasped.

"That's wonderful! Who is he? When can we meet him?" She asked me making me quietly chuckle.

"His name is Dominic," I said as a soft smile came over my face. "He was one of the first people I met when I came here. I don't know when you can meet him though, it is a long drive to Washington." I said sadly, I would love it if Dom and Mia could meet my family.

"Oh, don't worry about that right now. Tell me all about him!" She demanded softly making me chuckle.

"He works with cars and owns an auto shop. He's very caring and I'm even staying with him and his sister Mia." I told her, happy to be talking about Dom.

"Well, don't you sound smitten." Mum teased making me blush and chuckle.

"Mom!"

"Oh, I'm just teasing." She said with a chuckle. "He sounds nice, I look forward to meeting him but, uh," She hesitated slightly. "Does he know about the imprint and all that?" She asked, unsure how to ask.