Chapter 11: Competitors

February 3rd, 2003.

It was 6:25 pm and I was bored. We were all chilling at the garage right now, talking and working on cars. I was laying upside down on a chair, watching Dom work.

"Hey Z!" Vince called making me tear my eyes from the God of a man I was watching. "Are you just gonna stare at Dom's ass all day?" He asked making me roll my eyes.

"Dom has the body of a fucking demigod, and you expect me not to stare?" I asked Vince incredulously. Jesse choked on his drink at that, no one having expected that kind of response.

"What?" Letty asked with a chuckle making me grin.

"Dom has the body of a demigod." I said with a shrug, Dom had turned to face me by now, a smirk on his face. "Hell! Sam is supposed to be the alpha and he doesn't even have that much muscle!" I said making Letty laugh but nod, having seen some pictures of the pack from before I left.

"Okay, she's got a point there."

"Besides, the fact you noticed me staring implies that you were staring at me. So, Vince, pray tell why were you staring at me?" I asked him, a mischievous and smug look on my face.

"She's got you there." Mia laughed. His face turned red and he started fumbling with his words.

"I wasn't, I was just, I," He couldn't think of what to say so he put his hands over his eyes. "Fuck! I wasn't staring at you!" He stressed, dragging his hands down his face.

"I'm just joking!" I laughed. " I know I'm irresistible." I joked with a hair flip. Vince rolled his eyes as everyone laughed.

The sound of a car pulling up caught everyone's attention then, a white NSX-T car pulled up. It had clear windows, the red leather interior could be seen. Red rhinestones decorated the sides of the car in wavy tendrils, slightly resembling the shape of flames. It had bright red lights behind the tire rims and under the back and front bumper, over all looking like a very fancy car, good for street racing. Through the windshield a very smug and excited Ruby could be seen.

"You guys up to anything tonight?" She asked as she got out of the car. I looked at the others in confusion. I'm pretty sure she'd know if we had any plans.

"I can't say we are." Dom said, wrapping an arm around my waist. "Why?" He asked.

"Because I just got a call from Hector." She held up her phone and a smirk came over her face. "He has two open spots in a race happening in 10 minutes, wants to know if you want to join."

"Like Dom would say no to a race." Letty scoffed before a mischievous look crossed Ruby's face.

"Well, he's not the only one here who's gonna be racing tonight." She said slyly.

"What do you mean?" I asked her, a sense of slight dread came as I feared I already knew the answer. Her grin widened and I knew I was right. "Please tell me you didn't!" I begged but I knew she had and that it was too late to pull out now.

"Dom?" She called to him, he already knew where this was going. "You up for racing against your girl?" She asked him making him smirk and look at me.

"What do you say?" He asked me. "You up for getting your ass handed to you?" He asked making me look at him in surprise before scoffing.

"Please," I scoffed. "I will squash you like a bug." I informed him, turning out of his hold and crossing my arms across my chest.

"Are you saying you're going to step on me?" He asked, a playful glint in his eyes. I smirked and pretended to check my nails.