Chapter 8: Shopping

It was quiet after the call. The silence was comfortable but I could tell she wanted to ask something.

"Go ahead," I said after a few moments. She blinked up at me in confusion making me sigh. "I know you have questions. Ask me anything." I told her, preparing for the on slot of questions.

"So what's it like being a werewolf? Do you really transform on a full moon? Does silver hurt you? Can you turn other people into one?" She asked all at once. Her curiosity was adorable and her questions honestly made me laugh.

"No I don't transform on a full moon, I'm a shifter, not a child of the moon. I can't turn others into one because it's a genetic thing, I was born with these genes in me and they've just now decided to come out. Being a shifter is like being a human only with better senses, I heal faster, my body temperature is higher and I'm faster and stronger. Let's not forget the whole turning into a horse-sized wolf either." I explained to her, she seemed satisfied with my answers before realizing I didn't answer one.

"What about silver?" She asked me making me look at her.

"Let's find out," I said as I walked over to my bag, sitting on my bed. "My dad gave me a pure silver necklace on my 18th birthday. It's a locket with a picture of my family in it." I said as I picked up the necklace with ease. "Doesn't seem to hurt me so I think I'm safe to wear it," I concluded.

"Okay, what's an imprint?" She asked making me sigh.

"It's like the wolf version of a soulmate," I said briefly making her eyes widen.

"You imprinted on my brother! Is that why you jumped on him?" She asked making me shake my head, dropping the necklace back into the bag.

"No, I only imprinted on him when we made eye contact," I explained.

"So, then why did you jump on him?" She asked making me blush and scratch my neck. How the hell am I supposed to say that her brother's sent is practically intoxicating to me?

"You know how everyone has a specific sent?" I ask her, receiving a nod. "Well, your brothers sent pretty much drives me nuts. It's like a drug to me." I said slowly. She stared at me curiously.

"Is that because of the imprint?" She asked with her head tilted, we had stopped unpacking at this point.

"I think so," I said with a nod to the brunette. There was a moment of silence as we sat there, thinking about everything that had happened in the past week and a half. I ran away to LA after learning that I was turning into a wolf, made some new friends, won my first race, got the fever and was out for 5 days, then turned into a wolf and met my imprint. I feel drained. I just wanted one night to relax.

I laid down on my bed and stared up at the ceiling before glancing at the window. It was still light out, the sun probably wouldn't be down for another few hours.

"Hey, Mia?" I asked getting a hum in response. I sat up, leaning on my elbows. "Wanna go shopping?"

☆▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪☆

Mia, Letty, Ruby and I were all in Mia's car pulling into the parking lot of a huge shopping district.

"Okay, Ruby and I would always play a game when we went shopping," I said before Ruby snorted.

"Which was pretty much never." She said making me glare at her from the passenger seat.

"We would pick an outfit for each other and they would have to wear it the next time they went out," I said before shrugging. "Want to play?" I asked making the two girls nod.