Chapter 2: Meeting

I woke up a few hours later to the sun shining brightly through the curtains. I checked the time and saw it was 9:07am, about 4 hours of sleep is better then nothing I guess. I groggily pulled the covers back and open my duffle bag, I pulled out my clothes for the day and got my glossy black platform boots before quickly changing.

I kept my hair down and put on some slightly smoke makeup with a blood red lipstick

I kept my hair down and put on some slightly smoke makeup with a blood red lipstick. I grabbed my wallet, leather jacket, a chocolate bar and a monster that I had picked up from a gas station at our last stop. I have a small cooler in my truck for all my drinks and snacks for when I'm on the road again. I stuffed the bars in my pocket and cracked open the monster before heading out of my room, hoping to bring in some of my stuff from the truck. I took sips of my monster and looked around the hall, it was simple with pale blueish purple walls and white doors. There wasn't really anything in the hall besides a window at the end of it which was fine by me, less chance for me to bump into anything out here. I walked downstairs, my boots making almost silent thumps against the warm brown hardwood floors from my naturally light steps.

Down the stairs I saw a tall white dude with brown hair, he had on a red and white tank top, dark grey blue cargo shorts and grey running shoes. He was on the couch watching TV when a big bald guy walked in with two beers. He was tan, my guess is Hispanic descent, with a white wife beater on, dark wash jeans and steel toe boots.

I leaned against the wall by the stairs just observing them as they watched a show I didn't know or care about. The white boy was draping his arms over the back of the couch, obviously comfortable and confident in this house. He's not afraid to make himself at home here. His muscles are slightly tense which could mean stress or unreleased anger, I'm leading with bottled up anger. The other guy was slightly hunched over. He seems to intentionally try to intimidate everyone around him, let them know that he's the alpha around here. Dispite the intimidation factor, he's clearly comfortable and confident here too. He knows he's welcome here anytime but he still stays respectful of the house and host. I'm guessing he's Dominic while the other guy is Vince. I took another sip of my monster as I watched them before deciding to make my presence known.

I walked up behind the couch they were on and just stood there, watching the show with them. I would occasionally take a sip of my monster but the two men had still yet to notice me. I smiled at their obliviousness and looked back up at the tv. They would occasionally take a swig of their beer and I would roll my eyes, it's 9am, not happy hour! I stood there for a while until I finished my monster and thought of something funny. I made sure my can was empty before smashing it in my hands to make a flattened can, it made a loud crunch and both of the men jumped up from the couch. They both turned to me in alarm.

"Chocolate?" I casually asked with a smile as I pulled the chocolate bar from my pocket and offered it to them. White boy glanced at the chocolate making me smirk before they focused on me again.

"Who are you?" White boy asked making me roll my eyes.

"Oh now you notice me?" I said sarcastically. "I've only been standing here for the last like, ten minutes." I said as I turned to go look for a recycling to put my crushed can into.