Chapter 35 - I Know What You Did

"How'd you sleep?" I asked. Peach and I floated beside each other on pool floaties, paddling with our hands wrist-deep in the water. The chorus of the early morning birds was the only tune we needed to carry on with our day.

"It was alright. Kinda weird. Connor's hairier than I was expecting..." she shuddered at the thought. "It doesn't look bad, but it feels weird when I'm expecting to reach out and touch Gray, and I feel the chest hair."

"Gray doesn't grow chest hair?" I asked.

Peach shook her head. "Couldn't if he tried. He barely grows any hair other than his head and arms."

I nodded understandingly and laid my head back as our silence resumed. Charlie took up the majority of my thoughts last night; I knew what it was like to wake up to the wrong person. The sunglasses balanced on my cheeks blocked my eyes from the harsh sun beaming overhead. Every few seconds a palm would wave in the soft ocean breeze and shade me intermittently, then disappear. "I could fall back asleep," I whispered.

"Me too," Peach agreed. She relaxed her arm and submerged the limb up to her elbow. "Are you having fun?"

"No."

"Damn, tell me how you really feel," Peach replied sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling any of this. I wanted to get to know Charlie and hang out with our guys. I want Lucas to say something so innocent and sweet that it's funny. I even miss Blake." I looked over to my hand floating in the water and tapped at the surface with my fingers. "And I'm a little mad, to be honest. Mad that the producers brought in a person with the intention of upsetting me. And it did, at first. But we agreed to be friends."

Peach looked over, her eyebrows raised. "He agreed to be friends? That's nice," she smiled lightly. "So you're sticking with Charlie, huh? None of these guys can turn your head? Not even a little?"

"No. Yeah, they're good looking. In a different scenario, I would love to get to know them! But I've got Charlie, I don't need anybody else," I explained.

Her eyes watched the water and how it lapped along the edges of the pool. "Well, that makes what I'm about to say sound really shitty."

"Our situations are different; don't feel bad."

"Yeah, they're different. I've been coupled up with Gray for days and I'm debating my options. You've been coupled up with Charlie for less than 48 hours and you're still loyal to him. What do you think of Gray?" Peach spun her floaty to face me better.

"I think he's a nice guy," I answered.

"Be honest."

"He's boring," I revealed. "But I don't know much about him. He's an accountant... and he's from Pennsylvania, I think. But I don't exactly hang out with him."

Peach covered her face with one of her hands. "That's the problem. I hang out with him all the time and I don't know much about him, either. It feels like I'm doing all the work to keep this couple alive and he's just floating on by." She let out a frustrated groan. "Maybe I should be looking at my options here?"

I nodded my support. "If that's what you think is best, I've got your back. I'm guessing Connor might be off the table?"

"Yes!" Peach giggled. "Find me a smooth man."

"What if you bring back one of these news guys, but Gray doesn't bring back anyone from Casa Amor?" I asked.

She squirmed beneath the weight of the question. "I'll cross that bridge when we get to it."

"Text!" A voice yelled out from inside the villa. The balcony doors were wide open, and Polly stepped out of her royal chambers to address her peasants down below. "I got a text!"