Chapter 11 - Dinner for Two

"Who am I going on a date with?" I asked.

"The text came through on Blake's phone, ironically. Maddie's going on a date. And so is Michael," Amelia revealed.

Katrina and I exchanged looks. "I'm going on a date with Michael?"

Amelia shrugged. "That's what it sounds like. Maybe the public thinks you two would be good together? No offense, but I totally prefer Michael and Katrina."

Katrina pretended to toss her hair over her shoulder. "Well, thanks! But that's alright, Maddie, you can go on a date with him. Consider this my part in helping to lift your spirits."

"Thanks. I'll go, but I have no interest in pursuing him, I just want to make that clear." I looked out at the rain pulsating down the glass. "Are we going to have a date in the villa? There's no way this storm is stopping any time soon."

Amelia shook her head. "I cheated and checked the weather channel. The storm has literally stopped right over this area of Fiji and is gonna stay here for a few more hours at least."

"Enough talk, let's get Maddie ready!" Polly said, running to my wardrobe and shuffling through my dresses.

I shook my head. "That's okay, I'd really rather play it lowkey. I just don't feel like drawing more attention to myself, especially not with Michael."

"I'm with Polly on this one," Peach said. "You've got to show Blake what he's missing and how desirable you are! Now you go over to Polly and get your booty in a sexy little dress!"

I reluctantly stood from my vanity and joined Polly at my wardrobe. She was shuffling through dresses and outfits provided by Love Island, not mine personally. "Too casual, too formal, too yellow." She paused and quickly grabbed for a hanger. "This is the one." She pulled out the clothing. It was a black minidress with sparkly material and a plunging neckline. A belt of the same material hung loosely and untied around the waist. The sleeves of the dress were flowy and sheer, giving it a retro appearance.

"Yes." Peach's mouth had dropped open. "Go into the bathroom and put that on immediately."

I smiled shyly and took the dress from Polly. In the bathroom, the dress was a perfect fit. It hugged my hips and thighs snugly, and my chest filled out the upper panels beautifully. I watched in the mirror as I tied the belt, making it a touch tighter than usual to make my waist appear smaller. I smoothed out the sleeves and stepped back into the dressing room, immediately earning praise.

"Holy shit, that dress was made for you," Amelia breathed. She came up to feel the fabric.

"You look hot," Katrina nodded approvingly.

"Thank you!" I grinned, doing a quick spin before walking to my wardrobe and opening my dresser drawer of jewelry. From it, I grabbed a dainty silver necklace and matching earrings. "What shoes?" I asked. "I'm terrible at picking shoes for my outfits." I tilted my head to shift my hair to the side as I put in the first earring, then did the same for the other ear.

Peach volunteered herself immediately and began investigating the options. Finally, she grabbed a pair of black strappy sandals with small crystal detailing along the outer edges. I sat down at my vanity to put them on while Peach brushed my hair aside and clipped my necklace into place.

Once completely dressed, I draped a bathroom towel over my shoulders to protect my outfit, then pulled out my makeup bag. "Alright, Katrina. What are some things Michael likes to talk about?"

Katrina looked thoughtfully around the room. "Hm. Work-out techniques, his house in Florida... he's a financial advisor, which is cool. Um... do you play any sports?"