V - The Dream SMP

Your POV:

You walked back to the kitchen, but just as you turned around you could've sworn you heard Tomathy say 'chat' but you tried not to think anything of it. You sat down and ate your pancakes, scrolling through tik tok. You kept scrolling and came across a person dressed in a green hoodie and white, smiley-face mask. It looked cool! You'd never seen that person or outfit, and it looked amazing on them. You looked at the description that mentioned the Dream team, and that the outfit was a Dream cosplay. Never heard of those people before... so you figured you'd do a bit of research because this looked cool. You clicked on the hashtags, and before you knew it, you were completely indulged in these people being cosplayed.

Once you finished your breakfast and put your dish in the sink, you went to your room and started looking up these people on Twitch. You looked at a few of their streams, looking at the clips, and followed a bunch of people like Dream, George, Sapnap, Tubbo, Wilbur, Eret, Nihachu, and a few other people. They seemed entertaining and funny, which was a key trait in a good streamer. Eventually, you moved over to YouTube and found them there as well. You saw some of their videos and they were hilarious.

You watched a few videos and went to the kitchen to grab something to drink. Tomathy was sitting at the table on his phone.

"Hey, Tomathy," You waved. He looked up and smiled. "I found this cool group on YouTube and Twitch, it's called the Dream Team."

Tomathy's face lit up and he looked at you with interest. You both talked about it because he had seen it too, he'd actually known about it for longer than you and you learned that there was a big thing called the Dream SMP. You chatted about that for a while and figured you would start up a stream and play some more games on Hypixel. Once the conversation with you and Tomathy ended, you grabbed a glass of water and sat down at your computer and started talking to your chat while doing some parkour.

Now that you knew a bit more about the fandom you were a part of, you understood a bit more of what your chat was saying. You laughed at some inside jokes that popped up every once in a while, sometimes you even recreated them, which made your chat spam 'clip that and send it to them'.

About an hour into your stream, your view count started to go up, which was surprising because you had never surpassed 20k viewers before. You started to get some donations and subs and thanked people for them. Ten minutes after this started happening, you got a message on a dono, and an automated voice read it out for you.

"Treat yourself with this, love your content, hope to see more!" The voice read.

You looked over at your stream manager, reading the message and who sent it. "Thank you... Dreamwastaken I really appreciate-" Your eyes widened when you realized the username. "OH MY GOD!!" You couldn't help yelling a bit too loud. You fell silent for a long moment and heard Tomathy shout something from his room. You took a sigh of relief, he had his headphones on.

"Th- Thank you Dream!" You smiled, "I literally just found your channel today actually."

Before you knew it, you heard a discord notification. You switched your windows, telling your chat to give you a moment.

Incoming Friend Request: Dream

Accept

Dream is typing...

Dream
Hey Y/U! I was watching your stream and you're a pretty good mc player, I'm looking for a few more people to join the Dream SMP. What do you say?

Y/U
Oh wow! Yes of course, I'd love to!

Dream is typing...

Dream
Awesome! I'll send you the info :)

You switched windows back to Minecraft, looking over at your chat. They knew what was up based on your surprised expression.

You heard Dream message you the server info, and you decided to get to know the server off stream.

"Well chat," you said, putting on a different music track, "I have something very important to attend to." You sat back in your chair, a smug grin on your face.

You said your goodbyes and ended the stream. You joined the discord server and then put in the info for the Minecraft server, spawning in a grassy plain. You looked around and saw what appeared to be where everyone had resided. It was amazing to be playing in here, even if you had only found out about it today. You saw a few messages pop up in the corner of your screen.

<Tubbo> Hello o/
<Sapnap> New people!
<Dream> Y/U you can join vc

You turned back to discord, seeing there were a few people in vc, you clicked on the first one and were met with several people bickering about something.

"Oh, hello Y/U," You heard the familiar voice of Dream greet you.

"Hi," you said softly, "You can call me Y/N or N/N."

You heard Sapnap, George, and BadBoyHalo all greet you before getting back to their arguing.

"Y/N you can just quickly join vc 3," Dream said, "Just to get away from these idiots for a moment."

You laughed at the comment and switched vc's. It was amazing to be talking to Dream one-on-one.

You were talking with Dream on the vc. He showed you around, told you the rules, told you about scripts, improv, lives, and the planned storyline. You understood everything, and you were just trying to contain your excitement. Just as you were finishing up talking with Dream, you heard another familiar voice.

"Hello!" You heard Tubbo say sweetly.

"Hi Tubbo!" You responded.

"I'll leave you with Tubbo," Dream said, "I have to check on those three idiots."

Dream left the vc and Tubbo greeted himself. You talked for a moment, not really doing much on the SMP other than just running around.

"I'm sorry," you said leaning back in your chair, your hands were overwhelmed with sweat and trembling. You shook your hands and adjusted your headset, "I literally found out about this SMP today and then got an invite not an hour later."

"Well at least you knew about it, that's cutting it close!" Tubbo laughed.

A few other people joined the vc with you and Tubbo. You recognized Fundy, Nihachu, and Wilbur's voices. It made you more content with yourself. You didn't have enough time to become a fan, so it wasn't a weird relationship like that. Everyone was very friendly and helped you get started with your house and armour.

<Time skip brought to you by vaccines>

You went to sleep that night, very peacefully and with a grin on your face. It felt good, satisfying even, to go to bed without the stresses of reality on your shoulders. You would do a morning stream the next day and you absolutely couldn't wait to open up Minecraft again.