How to save Meredith

"OK PEOPLE LET'S MOVE! DEREK RUN HER TO ER AND GET A TRAUMA ROOM! HUNT GO WITH HIM TO MAKE DEREK STAYS OUT OF THAT ROOM! MAKE SURE SOMEONE PAGES NELSON FROM NEURO, HANN FROM CARDIO, TORRES FROM ORTHO, AND SLOAN FROM PLASTICS." Bailey shouted as commotion took place around her, "Lord help us all" She muttered under her breath as she rushed off to the ER in attempt to to save her fellow residents life.

"No no no no no no..." Derek muttered as he looked through small window of the door to trauma room. He looked at Meredith's petite, pale, lifeless body on the table. Just then Derek the hand of his former best friends hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, sorry dude but I need to get in there. I will do anything and everything I can to save her. Just so you know the cops over there want a statement from you." Mark told Derek with a solom look on his face.

Derek slumped over and let Mark through the door, eyeing him closely as he uncovered Meredith's bare chest, which was covered with bruises, and replaced it with a hospital gown for now. Derek wandered away from the room and over to the small waiting room in the corner of the ER. Just before he could sit down, two police officers come over and sat down in front of him. He sighed realizing what had actually happened, it set in for real. Meredith had been attacked.

"Um, hello sorry to bother you sir, but are Dr. Derek Shepherd? The one who found Dr. Meredith Grey?" The 1st officer asked

"Yes sir." That's all the words Derek could form at the moment

"Ok, we would like to ask you some questions, please?" The second office stated

"Ok" Derek said still sitting down leaned over look at his hands in his lap.

"What made you look for Dr. Meredith Grey and where did you find her?" The office said loudly making Derek look him in the eyes.

"Um, h-her, I mean Meredith's friends called me from her house asking where she was because she had yet to arrive home. Dr. Isobel Stevens and Meredith are roommates. She informed me that Meredith said she was leaving the hospital at about 2:15, it was 2:45 when she called me. Meredith lives 5 minutes away from the hospital. I'm sorry I don't remember the second question."

"Where did you find her?" The second office said coldly. Derek was taken aback of how heartless these officers were, he had just found his best friend/ ex-lover curled up in a ball on the floor half dead.

"oh right," Derek said snapping out of his thoughts, "I found her behind the hospital, well first I found her shoes, phone, and pager by the broken gurneys outside. Then I found her behind the hospital." Derek hated reliving that part again and again in his head.

"Ok, last question for you sir. Did you see who was attacking Dr. Grey?" 

"No, and to be frank, if I was able to reach him I would have beaten him up." snapped Derek. He then got out of his seat not waiting for the officers to respond. He walked over to the trauma room looking through the tiny window, he couldn't see anything. All the doctors hovered around her, he couldn't even see the heart monitor which was killing him. Derek decided he couldn't wait around here any longer, he suffled himself toward the nearest on call room. He opened the door and shut it rather quickly, not wanting to be bothered. He then laid down the bed and broke down in tears instantly...

................................................................................................................................................................

"SOMEONE GET HER ATTRACTED A HEART MONITOR STAT!" Dr. Bailey shouted as she entered the room to find all the doctors just standing around Meredith. "I KNOW YOU ALL ARE STUNNED WITH SHOCK RIGHT NOW, BUT TURN THAT SHOCK INTO ADRENALINE AND HELP ME SAVE HER LIFE!"

The commotion started. Someone was getting Meredith attached to a heart monitor, along with a O2 montoir. Everyone paused to look at Meredith stats hoping for the best. Pulse 102 and O2 92. Everyone stood stunned, addressing the injuries.

"Ok, um I see a broken left leg and right arm, I dont need x-rays to see that but I need find where the break is! How you intren over there! Go get the portable x-ray now!" Shouted Dr. Torres

"Someone get me the ultrasound, I need to see if there is any internal bleeding!" Dr.Bailey screamed

"There is definitely a broken jaw! Also her O2sat is way to low for liking and the broken jaw is preventing me to be able to intubate" Dr. Solan observed half way thinking out loud.

"I think we need to but in a chest tube, her right lung is about to collapse!" Dr. Bailey said preparing the area for the chest tube.

Meredith's eyes popped open. She was confused, what was happening. She finally was able to put thoughts together. She was in a trauma room with Dr. Nelson, Dr. Torres, Dr. Sloan, Dr. Hann, and Dr. Bailey. She also realized there were lots of interns and residents in the room. Meredith frozen in shock, she could hear everyone talking, she knew who they were by their voices, only one problem, she couldn't see them, like at all. She felt the cool jell of the ultrasound wand on her belly, she felt her arm and leg being temporary splitted.

"Guys her eyes are open." she heard Dr. Nelson say

"WELL NELSON GIVE HER A NEURO EXAM DON'T JUST STAND THERE!" Meredith breathed a sigh of relief, Dr. Bailey was in charge, oh how she loved Dr. Bailey. 

Meredith then felt her eyelids being stretched open more, she saw a light, she assumed it was that penlight of Dr. Nelson, shadow shepherd she called him. Then she felt the sharp pain in her chest, the chest tube being put in. She immediately gasped, searching for more air.

"Her heart looks good, you don't need me here." Dr. Hann said after finishing her exam on Meredith.

"Meredith! I'm going to pop your jaw back in place! It's going to hurt like a lot!" Dr. Sloan said resting his thumbs on her bottom teeth getting ready to push in jaw in place. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Meredith screamed as pain overcame her. She then felt the hands of everyone rub her arm, like that was going to make the pain go away.

"Ummm, guys. I could be wrong, but I don't think she can see us right now." Dr. Nelson said

"WELL DON'T THINK BE SURE!Dr. Bailey exclaimed. Meredith loved having Dr. Bailey on her side.

"You know what, I'll do it. There is a small internal bleed on her liver so I want to get her up to OR ASAP." Bailey said moving up more towards Meredith head, "Hey, Meredith welcome back. I have a question and you can't talk but shake your head with your answer ok?" Meredith slowly shook her head up and down. "Ok, good. Now, are you able to see me." Bailey said positioning herself over Meredith's face. Meredith slowly shook her head no. "Ok, doctors up to the OR now!"

"WAIT" Meredith heard Dr. Nelson shout, "I need to come with, she doesn't have time for a head CT and she most likely has a brain bleed," He then pointed at one of the Neuro residents, "you go me a portable CT and meet me in the OR."

Meredith felt the wind of people pushing her toward the OR. She gave up, she couldn't stay awake any longer. Dr. Bailey noticed her eyes flutter shut, she leaned down to her, "Dr. Grey you better not pull anything funny on me in there, I am in fact trying save your life. Also if you see any lights do not go into them, I repeat do not go into them. You have people here who love you. Please Meredith, for once in my life I am begging for you to stick around."

The anesthesiologist ran into the room. He picked up the mask and placed it over Meredith's face, insuring she was out.  He then hooked her up to the monitor in the OR and unhooked the portable one. Just as he hooked her up, it started beeping loudly. "DR. BAILEY HER PRESSURE IS DROPPING, WE NEED YOU IN HERE NOW!"

"Ohhhh come on Meredith, this counts as funny business." Dr. Bailey mumbled as she ran into the OR

Hello again! Two updates in one day! I laughed at the title, it's supposed to be like 'How to save a life' like the song they play in Grey's lol. Anyways hope you enjoy!