High?

Meredith had just woken up, she felt a little fossy. The dimly lit on-call room and smell of old feet didn't help either. The on-call rooms were a nasty place where nasty stuff went down, hince the old feet smell. Meredith looked over and saw that Bailey was gone.

Meredith's POV

I felt a tight pain in my chest, gosh anxiety go away I thought. I sat up and took a couple deep breathes. I got up and walked out of the on-call room. I looked over at the nurses station and saw Addison. I immediately retracted back into the room. I looked down at my watch, I saw it had been 5 hours since I last took my meds, I could take one again in 3 hours.

"Why does she have to be here." I said to myself outloud

I got up again and took one big deep breath and walked out of the room. I tried to slightly walk past her but she turned around just as I was passing her.

"Dr. Grey! What a pleasure." Addison said sarcastically

"Yup, that's me Dr. Grey." I said still trying to walk away

"Come back here Grey"

I stopped and turned around to walk back to her. She pushed a chart toward me.

"You are on this case, are you not?"

"Yes ma'am" Was all that I could spit out

"Well then the least you could is finish her chart." Addison said as she walked away

I watched her walk away. I tried to pull myself together but I knew I wasn't going to be able to. I walked very quickly to the stairwells, I ran all the way down to the basement to sit on the gurneys. There I broke down. Although I was crying rather profusely, I needed to get the chart done. 45 minutes later, I looked at my work on the chart. Tear stains everywhere. I didn't have time to waste though, I walked back up to the nurses station, my eyes still red and puffy. I put the chart back in its place and went down to pit hoping to find something else to work on, only then did I feel chest pains come back. I stopped for a moment t get used to pain, I then kept walking, every breath, the pain getting worse.

I pushed through it. Soon enough I arrived at the pit, there was comotion everywhere, I soon forgot about the pain as I lost myself in my work

A couple hours later, Addison was paging 911. This can't be good I thought to myself. I went to where I was paged, the nurses station on floor 4 AKA the OB floor.

"Dr. Grey, how lovely it is for you to finally make an appearance." Addison said not looking up from her work

"Yea, sorry I was working on a trauma patient down in the pit." I responded heastantly

"I don't have time for excuses, when I page you, you come." Addison said finally looking up from her chart she was filling in

"Yes ma'am" Was all I said not wanting to get into a fight

"Now, do you call this a filled in chart! I can barely read any of this!" Addison said studying Meredith's face trying to gage a reaction

On the inside I was kicking and punching her, but on the outside I was cool, clam, and collected. There was no way she was going to get an reaction out of me.

"I will redo it right away ma'am" I said as I grabbed the chart and ignoring what Addison was saying to me. I walked down the stairs and to the tunnels. There I engulfed myself in my work, still ignoring the pain in my chest.

No one's POV

After Meredith had walked away, Addison decided to follow her because she felt something was up. Everytime Addison had seen Meredith, her eyes had been red and puffy, like she was high or something. Addison grabbed the stairwell door just before it shut so she could follow Meredith without making too much extra noise. ONce she saw Meredith sit on the gurney in the tunnels, Addison squatted behind the vending machines so she could see Meredith but it Meredith looked up, she couldn't see her.

"Why, why why why" Meredith said in between holding back tears

Addison then saw Meredith glance at her watch. She then watched her pull out a pill bottle from her pocket and pop a pill in her mouth. There, Addison had succeeded, she caught Meredith red handed doing drugs on duty. She quietly got up and walked over to the stairwell going back up to the OB floor.

Meredith, unknowing to Addison's presence, continued to fix the chart. Only then did the pain in her chest get worse. She dropped the pen and clutched her chest, paging Derek with her free hand, just in time for her to pass out.