Back to Work

Meredith was so happy and anxious, in a good way. It had been three days since she got home and the chief was finally letting her come back to work. She awoke when her alarm went off. Derek arm was wrapped around her waist and his other arm under her head. She slowly lifted his arm up and replaced where her body had been  a with a pillow. She went into the bathroom so she could shower. 

After she got out of the shower she realized Derek was gone. She smelled pancakes downstairs. She grabbed her small purse and put her anxiety medication in it and went downstairs. 

"Mmm I smell pancakes!" Meredith said

"Someone is very happy this morning!" Derek said turning around to give Meredith a hug and kiss on the forehead. 

"Yes! I finally get to go back to work today." Meredith said pulling out of his embrace and grabbing a pancake. 

"You your meds?" Derek asked watching her grab syrup out of the fridge

"Yessir!" She said tapping her purse with her hand

"Ok. Remember take it easy today, it's been awhile since you have been to work." 

"I know." Meredith  said giving him a look 

Once Meredith had finished eating, she grabbed everything she needed and hopped in the car, Derek not far behind. Derek drove them to work which was only 10 minutes away from their house. Once they got there Derek took Meredith's hand in his as they walked through the door. 

"Wait." Meredith said before dragging them both into a supply closet

"What? What's wrong? What can I do?" Derek said looking at her. 

"Nothing, I just want to take my medicine in here so no things i'm popping drugs!" Meredith said laughing at Derek worried face

"Oh, ok" Derek said calming down. He handed her a bottle of water as she put one pill into her mouth and took a big gulp of water. 

"Ok, much better. My heart was racing." Meredith said as she walked out of the closet, pulling Derek, who was having second thoughts about letting her come to work, with her. 

"Meredith! You're back!" Cristina said as she pulled her into a hug. Meredith immediately froze up, she was used to hugs from Derek but this felt like to much. Cristina realizing this pulled back and apologized. 

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry Meredith, I didn't remember." 

"No, no it's ok you shouldn't have to apologize for hugging me." Meredith said catching her breathe even though she didn't realize she had been holding it.

After a couple minutes of Cristina and Meredith talking and catching up, Meredith's pager beeped alerting her to an incoming trauma they needed her on.

"Sorry, Cristina gotta go!" Meredith said before running to stairwell and going to down the ER to meet Bailey and Callie at the ambulance bay.

"Mer!" Bailey said, obviously excited to her.

Meredith went over and stood by them, her smile beaming.

"Well someone is happy to be back to work. I don't think I have ever seen you smile that much. Although there was that one time were you just finished your first solo surgery, that smile was huge!" Callie said 

Meredith started to say something but was interrupted by the ambulance sirens. Two paramedics jumped out and quickly unlocking the gruey and pulling it out of the car.

"Jane Doe, 35, pregnant with head and abdominal wounds, also missing her left arm." The paramedic said

"What happened?!" Bailey said taking charge

"Car wreck, the guy that hit her walked away without a scratch." The second paramedic said

"Where's the arm, anyone know?" Callie said as they rushed her into trauma room 2

"Right here!" The driver of the ambulance said coming out of nowhere. 

"Grey, take the arm and see if it can be reattached." Callie said handing her the arm that had just been handed to her. 

................................................................................................................................................................

Meredith's sift was 12 hours, it had been 9 hours so far. She dragged her feet inot the nearest on call room. When she got in there she immediately fall onto one of the small uncomfortable beds. She looked at her medicine bottle, she had only taken two today. One this morning and again when her husbands ex-wife showed up. Yup, Addison was back. She felt like she couldn't catch a break. She didn't think Derek knew she was back yet because he hadn't come running to check on her yet, like he had done all day. He asked her if she was ok at least once every 30 minutes.

There was a knock at the door, Meredith hadn't locked the door so she was qutie confused. When she yelled 'Come in', Bailey came in.

"I have learned to knock before coming into these rooms. Somebody always sniffin someone else. Haha, used to be you and Derek." Bailey laughed at herself as she laid down on the other bed.

"Yup, I wish I could say those were the good ol' days. Which they most likely were since everything in life seems to falling apart one by one." Meredith said in return

"So you must have heard Addison's back." Bailey asked turning to look at Meredith 

"Yup, even better I am on her case! Apparently she specifically requested me." 

"Wow." Was all Bailey could say

"Well, now that you heard about my day, how is your day going." Meredith said sitting up in the bed

"Eh, its ok. You feelin good? I know you're probably tired of people asking you that but I wanna know for myself." Bailey asked

"I am good. I have run to therapist's office here yet, so I guess that's a good thing. There is one thing that's bothering me though. But I can't figure out what it is." 

"I feel you, I have that same feeling right now."

"So it has to be a medical feeling, like something or someone is going to come through those ER doors with a weird medical issue and I am not just hallucinating something." Meredith said 

"Yup, I think so." Bailey said

"Ok, then. I think I am going to try to sleep then." Meredith said laying back down and placing her pager by her pillow 

"Me too." Bailey said doing the same thing

I needed a filler chapter, and Addison's back! Don't think I am going to update over the weekend but who knows. Also if you have any ideas about were this story should go, PLEASE message me!