The Stay Part 2

"Ok so Meredith, let's talk about why you haven't been eating lately." Kathleen said

They were now in Kathleen's office since Meredith wasn't hooked to any IV's. There were two couches facing each other and it was decorated with a very homey feel. There was a large fish tank in the corner which Meredith was staring at. She hated therapy, even though it felt so easy to open up that first night. At least that was on her terms, this time she was being forced to.

"Can I go back my room?' Meredith asked still looking at the fish tank

"We just started. Can I at least have 10 minutes?" Kathleen asked

"Maybe." Was all that was said

"Ok, so tell. Why do you feel you haven't been eating lately?"

Meredith decided just to get it over with, she wanted to go home so she figured if she just said it, she could go home faster. "I have this little voice in my head and it is like repeating what he said to me when he looked at my body. It tells me not to eat, I would get fat and Derek won't like my anymore."

"Meredith, you know that's not true right. If you eat, you get healthy and live longer than he ever will. You like competition right?" Kathleen replied

Intersided where this was going, Meredith looked at Kathleen, "Of course I like competition, I am a surgeon."

"Ok, so make it a competition with the voice in your head. Scream at it, tell it to go away. Then fight it, fight it so hard that dies." Kathleen said getting hyped up

"Hahaha, ok!" Meredith said smiling a little

"So can I trust at dinner time you will try to eat a little something?"

"Yeah, I will try." Meredith said

"Ok, one more thing I want to say is I am prescribe you this anxiety med and you take it every time you feel anxious and you get that feeling we talked about yesterday. While you are in here, you ask for it and we will give it to you but when you get out, you will be responsible for it."

"Ok, can I go back to my room now?" Meredith asked already standing up

"Yes you may." Kathleen responded

Meredith walked back to her room and sat down on her bed. She wanted Derek to come and visit. She pressed the button that called a nurse. The nurse walked in and asked what was wrong. She asked politely if there was any way she could page Dr. Shepherd to her room. The nurse simply nodded and walked out. A few minutes later Kathleen walked in.

"What can I do for you?" Kathleen asked rather surprised Meredith needed her so quickly

"I was wondering if Derek could come and see me?" Meredith asked

"Sure, I will text him and see if he is available and wants to come!" Kathleen was so happy, yesterday she would just slept, now she wanted visitors!

Kathleen stepped out of the room and pulled out her phone. SHe texted Derek, 'Derek, guess who just asked for you! She wants to know if you want to come and see her?' she pressed send and looked down at her phone, immediately seeing the text bubbles that he was replying. 'I would love to! I am on my way!'

Kathleen walked back into Meredith's room and told the good news. Meredith's smile really did light up a room when she was truly happy.

Derek was so excited. He got in his car and drove off. He pulled into the parking lot and walked into the hospital. He walked up to the nurses station and said 'Meredith Grey asked to see me.' The nurses looked at him weirdly. They weren't used to visitors coming to see patients, just to drop them off and pick them up. 

"I will page Dr. Shepherd." One of them said, "For now you can just take a seat over there." 

"Ok, thank you!" Derek said still with a smile on his face

After a couple minutes, Kathleen walked out and went over to Derek. She led him to Meredith's room and opened the door for him to go in. She then closed and walked away, proud of her work.

Derek walked into Meredith's room and smiled, Meredith immediately smiled back. Derek could it was no fake smile. Meredith reached out both of her arm, singling that she wanted a hug. Derek walked over to her bed and sat down and pulled her in. He wrapped his arms around her back. She tucked her head into his chest. They stayed there for awhile, neither of them wanting to break this moment.

"I love you Derek." Meredith said deciding to speak first

"I love you too." Derek said 

Meredith pulled out of the hug and scooted back on her bed and patted the spot next to her. Derek went and sat next to her, wrapping his arms around her again holding her close.

"I think I am ready to go home." Meredith said breaking the silence.

"That is not up to me but I want you to come home too. Also just letting you know that I have been staying at your house, I hope that is ok." Derek said

"Yeah, that's totally fine. Um, do you want to move in with me once I get out of here?" Meredith spit out.

"Yes, of course! I would love to." Derek said kissing the temple of her head

"Thank you" Meredith said

"I will always be here for you." Derek said pulling her closer

The next day

This was Meredith's last day here and she was so excited t go home. She was happy to admit that she actually felt better. The nurse brought the bag that had her clothes from when she got here so she could put them on. She then brought in discharge papers for her to sign. Derek was waiting for her in the waiting room.

"Derek!" She said as she ran over to him

"Meredith! You ready to go home?" Derek said

Meredith nodded and took his hand as she walked out the door. Her and Derek thanked Kathleen. Once they got to their car, Derek open the passage door for Meredith so she could step in. He walked around to other side, got in, and started to drive home.

................................................................................................................................................................

The group was in the cafeteria eating lunch together. They talked about their days and what surgeries they had coming up. Arizona was talking about a new procedure she was doing and asked Bailey if she wanted to scrub in and help. Bailey happily said yes. All of a sudden, a big herd of children and adults in wheelchairs came into the cafertina like a herd of deer.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the first wheelchair race! As you see we have many constants as rumble through one of the last stages of their race!" Jo said standing up on top of her table

"In lead we have Johnny Base from the PEDS wing, right behind him we have Zoe Gardner from the cancer wing!" Lexie said right by Jo

"Why am I not surprised these two set this up." Callie said looking at Arizona

The herd has finally passed the cafeteria, Lexie and Jo following them. Cristina said she had got a text from Derek about Meredith and they all stopped talking and looked at her.

"He said, 'Taking her home now, should be back to work in 3 more days. I will take 3 days off to be with her too. She said you guys can come and visit later.' That's all. Do you guys want to go and visit with her later?"

"Yes, absolutely" They said, They then went back to eating and talking

Sorry this isn't the best chapter but I felt I needed to get a chapter out. Thank you for all the support!