Please Wake Up

The anesthesiologist ran into the room. He picked up the mask and placed it over Meredith's face, insuring she was out. He then hooked her up to the monitor in the OR and unhooked the portable one. Just as he hooked her up, it started beeping loudly. "DR. BAILEY HER PRESSURE IS DROPPING, WE NEED YOU IN HERE NOW!"

"Ohhhh come on Meredith, this counts as funny business." Dr. Bailey mumbled as she ran into the OR

10 Hours later...

"So um, she coded 2 times on the table due to the amount of blood she was losing between her brain and her liver. We were able to stop the bleeding everywhere. That's when she coded for the second time. We were able to get her back though. At that time we called for Dr. Hann to take a look while she was still under." Dr. Bailey explained to Derek

"That's where I come in," Dr. Hann continued stepping out from behind Dr. Bailey, "I figured out she was coding due to the amount of stress her heart was under. Her pulse was most likely extremely high during the attack due to be surprised and scared. Other than the extreme observation Dr. Grey is going need, she should be just fine, cardio wise."

Derek was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief. The relief didn't last for long though. Suddenly Izzie, Cristina, Alex, George, and Addison came violently through the front door. Addison, who was obviously more concerned about Derek not coming home and not answering her calls or texts. Then there was Meredith's group of friends that were furious for Derek not even telling them what happened.

"Derek Shepherd you better have damn good reason for not telling us about Meredith!" Cristina said getting ready to slap his arm

"I know, I know. I was just really worried." Derek said cautiously looking at how mad Addison was

"And we weren't!? We didn't even have the pleasure of knowing she was alive and not dead on the street! At least you knew she was getting the best care possible at a hospital!" Izzie snapped as George and Alex looked ready to beat Derek up.

"Um, sorry to interrupt but I would like to take my husband away." Addison said looking at everyone viciously

"Oohhhh you better before I beat him to ground." Alex grumbled

"Uh, hey yeah, I'm still here." Dr. Bailey said shyly, trying to read the room, "Cristina you can come see her if you like, I know you are the closest with her out of this, uh lovely group of people."

"Um thank you, lead the way." Cristina said as she followed Dr. Bailey.

Addison pulled Derek by his arm out of the waiting room to the nearest on-call room, muttering stuff under her breathe the whole way. Alex, George, and Izzie were left in the waiting room. They sat down in the most uncomfortable chairs ever and waited.

Meanwhile...

Cristina walked into Meredith room. She looked awful. She had a tube down her throat due to still being sedated. Cristina noticed the bruises around her neck and stomach, along with the scraps and cuts, lots and lots of them. Her jaw was wired shut and her arm and leg wrapped in tight gauze to keep the broken bones in place. Cristina hurried over to the side of her bed, glancing up the monitor, good she's stable, Cristina thought to herself.

................................................................................................................................................................

Meredith POV

I suddenly felt my myself wake up. I couldn't see a thing, all I heard was Cristina talking to me.