Happy once again

Meredith and Derek had just got home. Meredith hopped out of the car and practically run to the front door, Derek close behind. Derek fumbled around with his keys, trying to find the right one. He finally got the key in the door. Meredith opened the door and went into the living room and sprawled out on the couch.

"It feels so good to finally be home!" She said

"Yeah, now let's hope it stays that way for awhile. Oh and by the way, Webber have us 2 weeks off to recuperate from the past couple months. He said he felt we needed time to just be in the presence of each other, whatever that means." Derek said picking up Meredith shoulders and sliding in under her so her head on his lap, he started stroke her hair pulling it back behind her ear.

"I have an idea what that means" Meredith said sitting up

"You do?" Derek said meeting her eyes

Meredith leaned in and cupped Derek's face, her lips on his. Derek immediately deepened the kiss. And one thing lead to another.

//Two days later//

"I am really glad Richard gave us days off but I am getting really bored." Meredith said as she was curled up in bed with Derek's arm around her waist.

"Me too." Derek said

"Oh! Did you hear Alex and Jo are dating now?! And Lexie and Mark?!" Meredith said sitting up.

"I heard about Lexie and Mark because Mark wants to propose soon. He told me that even though they haven't been dating long they were 'meant to be' whatever that is supposed to mean. Nevertheless, I am happy for him. Good for Alex though!" Derek said also sitting up.

"Yup, Alex also wants to propose soon. All is good with the world, and for once in my life, I finally feel like I am where I am supposed to be." Meredith said

Derek then reached over to his nightstand drawer. He grabbed something out of it. As he closed the drawer, Meredith looked at him.

"What's that?" Meredith asked pointing to his fist where he was clutching something.

Derek got up out of bed, Meredith's eyes following closely. He come over other side of the bed and got down on one knee, revealing a small but beautiful ring.

"Meredith Grey, if there's a crisis, you don't freeze, you move forward. You get the rest of us to move forward. Because you've seen worse. You've survived worse, and you know we'll survive too. You say you're all dark and twisty. It's not a flaw, it's a strength. I definitely don't want to miss out on being the happiest man in the world. I'm not gonna ask a question. I love you Meredith Grey, and I wanna spend the rest of my life with you." Derek said as a single tear fell.

"And I wanna spend the rest of my life with you." Meredith said as she jumped out of bed and hugged Derek so tight he couldn't breathe. Derek pulled back and put the ring on her finger, then kissed her so patiently that if this were a movie, fireworks would be going off. It was the element of surprise that made it so special for Meredith.

The end!

5 Months later Derek and Meredith had a small ceremony with friends in the attending lodge of the hospital

3 months later Mark and Alex proposed to their girlfriends together

6 months later Alex and Jo had their ceremony 

7 months later Mark and Lexie had their ceremony

2 months later, Meredith found her mother's research and 3 months after that she finished it, curing diabetes, 3 months after that she won a Harper Avery for it.

Hope you enjoyed! I didn't know where else to take this story but I kinda liked where it was so decided to end it. I know I added an extra sentence in Derek's speech but I really liked it so I couldn't leave it out. I might write another story later on down the road but who knows. Thank you to everyone who read my story! Love you all!