Chapter 19

The lobby of the cinema wasn't as packed as it was during the weekend considering it's only a Wednesday, a few people were in line for a movie ticket or some snacks here and there.

Jordan stood near the ticket counter, one hand in his pocket and the other fiddling with his phone and he turned to his left when he heard someone calling his name, a smile breaking out onto his lips.

"Jordan, hey! Sorry I'm late. El had to drop by the restaurant before she dropped me off." Said Kate as she reached him, pushing up the strap of her bag that slid down her shoulder, "Were you waiting long?"

"I just got here a few minutes ago, you're good." Jordan chuckled, "Come on, I got the tickets already. I wasn't sure what you wanted to eat so I waited for you."

The two went in line at the snack bar, talking about how the first half of their day went with Jordan laughing when Kate told him about how Elisha may or may not have tried to run over her boss earlier at the restaurant and tried to pass it off as an accident.

"I didn't know they weren't getting along! Tom just keeps telling us El's a blast at work." Jordan snorted, eyebrows crinkling in surprise, "Then again he did use quite a lot of the word 'great' for it to really sound believable."

"Yeah? Well El's very vocal on her dislike for Tom. Honestly I don't know what's up with those two. They were hitting it off when they first met back at the club."

"I know, right? Although Tom did say he wasn't expecting her to be working at the same restaurant as him."

Kate chuckled with a curt shake of her head as they went up to the counter, finally their turn, "Frankly, I think they're just gonna end up sleeping together again."

"You too, huh?" Jordan nodded with a grin.

After ordering a large popcorn to share and two cola's, Kate and Jordan searched for their seats in the viewing room that was playing the movie they were watching. The two were seated at the very top row and there were only a few others watching the movie, mostly seated by the middle row or at the bottom ones.

"So how's it going with Sam?" Jordan asked nonchalantly.

After their talk, Kate managed to be a little more open to Jordan about Sam which in turn made Jordan happier, feeling that Kate trusted him a little more now and he was glad that when he'd ask about Sam, Kate didn't seem to mind.

"He hasn't done much lately. He did try to talk to me during lunch but Mae and Iris were there, you know how they are." Kate chuckled, popping a few pieces of popcorn in her mouth.

Jordan laughed and nodded, he could picture Mae's narrowed eyes and cold glare along with Iris' watchful eyes that could just make anyone run for the hills like they were two mama bears protecting a little Kate bear cub.

"You know, I kinda feel bad for Sam."

"What do you mean?"

Jordan popped a popcorn in his mouth and smiled a little, "I mean, you already talked to me about Sam so I know that you don't have any feelings for him anymore. But he doesn't know that, or atleast he doesn't want to accept it so he stills tries to talk to you."

"So..you think I should talk to him?" Kate pursed her lips.

"Yeah, just - just to have some closure, you know? But, I don't want to force you into anything so you don't have to if you don't want to." Jordan nodded with a reassuring smile.

Kate smiled gratefully, "Thanks, I'll think about it. Knowing him, he'll still try to push that he can make me change my mind."

"Well if anything happens, I'm here." Jordan snickered, grabbing her hand and placing a kiss on it, "Plus, I'm kinda having fun grabbing you and running away whenever he tries to get near you. I kinda feel like a thief stealing the princess."