Chapter 17

Packing bags and checking lists, the group of six girls went back and forth from each apartment trying to get everything ready for their two day trip to the beach.

"Hey are you girls ready?" Camille hollered, running back to apartment 20 and peeking her head through the doorway, "Also, did one of you girls see my sunglasses?"

"I think it's in my school bag, it's just by the couch." Mae yelled from her room.

"Bitch I'm not ready, I still have to curl my hair." Iris quipped, running back to the bathroom with a curling iron in hand.

Hauling a small luggage behind her, Kate came in with a calling card in hand, "Okay, Luna's already with her sitter. I have Dani's calling card here and I gave her your number too, El!"

"What's taking everybody so long? Are we going to wait for christmas or something?" Someone standing outside their apartment asked in a feign impatient and sarcastic tone.

Sarcastic, over dramatic and with a flair for arts and gossip, Steven Graham (Leon Thomas III) was the girl's Charlie to their Angels. The solo male of their group and the one they go to for fashion advice.

"We're almost ready, calm down." Mae said, coming out of her room with two bags in hand, "Do you and Moises have the tents and coolers?"

"Yeah cause none of y'all wanted to bring it, ughy." The man rolled his eyes dramatically.

Another twenty minutes and three more sets of 'We're almost done', they were all finally hitting the road, driving down the highway, screaming lyrics along the music that played on their stereo under the sun chasing the last bits that summer has to offer for their long weekend.

Down at Chester beach's camping spots the eight of them began unloading the tents and other things from their cars to start setting up, wanting to take a quick dip in the beach while the breeze was still warm enough for a swim.

"Wait, wait, is this how you do it?" Iris quipped, confusedly holding up one of the tents' sticks.

"Yeah, just shove it in the little hole there and push it forward to me."

"I'm shoving what in the what?" Iris blinked and chuckled at the different meaning she got from Mae.

Rolling her eyes, Mae glared at her, "Bitch I'm holding up the tent that ain't getting set up any faster. Shove the damn stick in and push it towards me."

"Alright, chill mami." Iris huffed and did as told.

While Camille and Leigh helped Steven with getting the other tent set up, Kate and Elisha were unloading the chairs and other things they brought with them.

Setting down a heavy cooler filled with ice and alcohol, Kate huffed at the weight, "Just how much alcohol did we bring? This shit's heavy."

"We're staying here for two nights, babe. What do you think?" Elisha snickered.

"'Scuse me, but do you ladies happen to have a spare lighter?"

Turning, the girls were surprised to see Tom standing there looking just as surprised as they are.

"Tom? What the hell are you doing here?" Elisha was the first to ask, raising an eyebrow and scrunching her eyebrows.

The man chuckled, already used to her attitude towards him, "If you must know, darling, my mates and I are here on a camping trip. A little boy's time, what have you."

"Oooh, is Jordan here too?" Iris snickered, flashing a teasing look at Kate.

Speaking of the devil, the man in question came jogging up to Tom and was surprised to see the girls as well, "Hey girls. Looks like you decided to spend the long weekend away from the city too, huh?" Jordan smiled at them and waved shortly.