Chapter 2

The first day of classes felt like an eternity and all Kate wanted was for the bell to ring for her final class to end so she can go back home and binge eat and watch movies to ease her heartache. But atleast her hangover's gone so that's one thing she's glad about.

"Before the class ends remember to pick up this semester's rubric on your way out!" Exclaimed the female teacher at the front of the class as the bell rang and drowned out her voice.

Immediately everyone got up and hurried out the classroom, wanting to get the hell out of the university to savour the last bits of summer they could get before the real stuff began. As much as Kate wanted to do the same, she first had to stop by her locker to pick up the rest of her stuff before heading home.

"Hey, yeah, I'm on my way out. I just have to grab some stuff from my locker." Kate spoke with her phone against her ear.

"Alright, we'll wait by the parking lot then." Mae's voice came through the call as it quickly ended.

Stopping by her locker, she was surprised to see a little sticky note with something written waiting for her.

Your voice is my favourite sound.

Kate furrowed her eyebrows and crumpled the paper up, thinking someone had mistaken her locker for someone else's and went ahead with her business, meeting up with Mae and Iris at the parking lot like she said.

"Oh look, there's Kate!" Iris pointed, cutting off the conversation she had going on with Mae upon spotting the brunette.

The three got in Kate's car and drove off, chatting about how their day went and all the classes they have.

"Oh by the way, something weird happened today." Kate mentioned, opting to tell her friends about the little note on her locker, "I found a note on my locker."

"What? From who?"

Glancing at Mae from the rear view mirror, she shrugged, "Didn't say. I just assumed someone stuck it on there by mistake."

"Do you remember what it said?" Iris asked.

"It said "Your voice is my favourite sound.""

Iris squealed in delight and grinned, "Oh my god, maybe it's a guy who likes you!"

"What? No. It's the first day of classes, who the hell would notice me that quick?" Kate scoffed.

"Maybe someone who already noticed you last year and didn't get the chance to make a move on you cause you were dating?" Mae quipped, nodding along with Iris and her idea.

Kate's eyebrows furrowed in disbelief. That couldn't be possible, could it?

"Come on, just because I went to school alone doesn't mean everyone knows I'm single, right? Maybe the note was meant for someone else." Kate still insisted.

"But what if it wasn't? Maybe the guy thought "Fuck it, I'll try and get her to like me" or something, you know." Mae shrugged.

"Just accept the idea that maybe that note was meant for you, Kate." Iris scoffed, "Just because you don't wanna date doesn't mean guys can't go liking you."

"She's right, you know."

Pursing her lips, Kate let out a breath in defeat, "Fine, if I find another note then I'll believe it's for me."

Iris and Mae shared a look and just gave up and switched their topic to something else. Living in an apartment building with the rest of their group, the eighth floor of the building apartments 19 and 20 were the loudest ones and the most lively ones in the building with the constant parties and loud screaming of six girls.