Chapter 10

Five hours. That's how long it took Kate to get dressed for her real date with Jordan.

After coming home the other night and Jordan telling her they would go on the weekend and he'd be picking her up at five, Kate was quick to spill the news to her friends who savoured the information and cracked open a bottle or two of alcohol to celebrate.

As soon as the sun came up for Saturday, Kate was quickly pulled out of bed by the girls to prepare her for her big date. You'd think she was getting married with the amount of pampering they put her in, hot steamy shower with a thirty minute soak in a milk bath to soften her skin, face masks on, nails polished and cut, hair washed, fixed and curled.

Makeup brushes dragged up and around her face, clothes, several clothes were strewn around as they all tried to find the perfect outfit for Kate, once or twice fighting about the style the last outfit looked on her and how it didn't make it look like a date or how it made Kate look a little too trying hard.

Finally, after hours and hours, Kate was finally dressed up in a burnt orange coloured sweater matched with grey tartan skirt and grey thigh high boots. After much consideration, all six girls finally decided that the set was just right, not too much and not too prude looking. Just perfect for Kate.

"Alright, this is it, Kate. Just relax, okay?" Leigh smiled at her as she handed Kate her bag.

All six women were in Kate's room that was a mess of shoes, clothes, and makeup everywhere, all smiling proudly at Kate and their work.

"Yeah, don't think too much about this. It's Jordan you're with, nothing could go wrong." Mae agreed, offering the girl words to ease the nerves.

"Just call us if you need anything. I swear I'd leave work if you need me to." Elisha grinned.

Kate looked at herself at the tall mirror and smiled at the girls, "Honestly, I don't feel all that nervous. Maybe it's because I know it's Jordan I'm going on a date with and not some stranger."

"Everything will be fine, dude. Just have fun." Iris smiled at her from beside Mae.

Excitedly, Camille got up from her seat, phone in hand and huddling everyone together, "Okay, come on, let's get some pictures!"

In the middle of their umpteenth group selfie, a knock on the front door was heard and wide grins burst out on the girls' faces knowing who already was at the door.

"We'll get it!" They cried out and raced to open the door and greet the person.

Out in the hall stood a slightly nervous yet burning with excitement Jordan, who has changed outfits five times before coming over, took an hour to decide on what flowers to buy and had checked himself out in the mirror more than two times.

Okay so maybe Jordan was a little more than slightly nervous.

Who can blame him? This was a long awaited wish for him and now that it's all coming together, Jordan wanted everything to be special, more than special, he wanted it to be memorable and unforgettable for Kate whom he wanted to give everything to just to see her happy.

Hearing the footsteps approaching the door, Jordan took a deep breath and rearranged the flowers in his hands, making sure it still looked nice and fresh.

Opening the door, it was almost comical how five girls stood there with shit-eating grins and glimmering eyes as they all looked at Jordan, "Hey, Jordan. Come on in, Kate's gonna be out in a few." Camille greeted and pulled the door open wider as they parted for him to come in.

"Wow, looks like you really came prepared." Iris teased, eyes doing a once over on his figure.

"Is it too much?" He worried, eyebrows furrowed and glancing at his clothes.