Chapter 9

"Hey, you're home late." Camille greeted as she heard the front door open as Kate entered, slipping her shoes off at the front before trudging past the woman in the living room.

"Yeah, I was out with Jordan for a while. Sorry I forgot to text you guys." Kate smiled sheepishly, "Oh, he got you guys brownies by the way."

At the mention of food, Camille turned her attention away from the tv and eyed the box of sweets in her hands.

"If this is what we get every time Jordan brings you home late, we won't have a problem." Camille mused and snatched the box from her, opening it up and grabbing a slice for herself.

"How come you're still not dating?" Leigh quipped on the other side of Camille, "The two of you go out almost every day, going on those 'friendly dates' and shit. Making googly eyes at each other all the time too."

Kate blushed with furrowed eyebrows, "Wha - We don't make googly eyes at each other. And is it so wrong to go out on dates even though we're just friends?"

Camille and Leigh shared a look and grinned cheekily at Kate, "Oh it's fine if friends go out on dates. But you and Jordan? Girl, you two don't want to go on dates as just friends. Don't even deny it, you spend hours trying to choose an outfit like you're going on a date with a guy you like."

"And when he brings you home you two share so much sexual tension that Leigh and I seriously thought of locking the two of you up just so you two can get shit over with and have sex." Camille continued with wiggling eyebrows.

"Oh my god, guys, come on. Stop it already, there is nothing going on between me and Jordan and there never will be."

Kate got up from the couch and Camille, still wanting to press the matter onto her, turned in her seat, "But what if there could be?"

"What?" Kate stopped in her tracks, looking back at her with confusion.

The two girls glanced at each other and grinned, it was obvious Kate was just saying shit but wasn't really bound to her promise. They could tell from the many times Jordan had knocked on their door, there to pick up Kate for their nearly daily dates and dinners, that the two were practically smitten, looking like lost puppies around each other. Both reaching out but could never touch the other.

"What if Jordan asks you out? On a real date this time." Leigh smiled innocently, almost too innocently.

"What did you girls do?" Kate's eyes narrowed suspiciously.

"Calm down, we didn't do anything. We're just asking, you know, what if Jordan decides to ask you out on a real date. Not a friendly one, but one that, you know, can lead to a kiss and all that shit."

Kate bit her lip and stood there, pondering. It's no denying that she's thought about it now and then, but since Jordan's never really asked her, Kate's always just told herself she would say no.

But if chance really would present itself, maybe it won't be so bad to say yes. It is Jordan anyway, Kate doubted anything could go wrong with going on atleast one date with the guy.

"I don't know, I might say yes?"

"Then do it! Promise us that if he asks you'll say yes."

"Yeah, there's nothing wrong with going on dates. It doesn't have to end up being a relationship, if you don't like where things are going, the two of you can just go back to being friends." Leigh nodded.

A laugh escaped Kate, it wasn't as easy as they were trying to make it look. There were so many possibilities that could go wrong with their plan, and one of them could mean losing Jordan entirely. Not really something Kate wanted to happen.