Chapter 21

As it was every year, the local autumn fair was filled with people young and old. Many of the children had intricate or comical designs painted on their faces running to go on rides or play games.

Ever since the tumultuous group of girls moved into the city, going to the local fall fair had been a tradition and as they celebrated their third fall season as carefree young adults, their little yet loud group of six had almost doubled with male counterparts.

This year with Kate being with Jordan and Leigh bringing Moises, and Steven tagging along having a free break for once, Jordan's friends Kim, Tom and Luke had also joined their merry band thus all twelve of them walking into the fair had a few people looking as they looked like they were a crowd of their own.

"Hey we should go try that one!" Pointed Camille excitedly, her eyes shining at the loops of the roller coaster.

The people on the ride screaming could be heard all the way from the parking section. There were a few other intense looking rides along with some more kid friendly ones, some booths were set up as well around the wide expanse aside from the traditional fall activities like the corn maze.

Their group had all kinds of opinions about the ride, the loops looking just as rushing as it was intimidating, then again the ride itself wouldn't be called Fireball for nothing.

"I wanna ride that too." Leigh grinned, Moises agreeing alongside her.

Immediately the trio in apartment 20 shook their heads, opting out from riding the hellish ride already feeling the way their stomachs turned queasy just by looking at the loops of the damned thing.

"Hah, bitch I ain't going anywhere near that thing." Iris scoffed, grinning and shaking her head in disagreement.

"Same. Can't do heights unless y'all want me to pass out." Mae agreed with her.

Beside her Elisha nodded, "You girls have fun riding that. We'll be down here where it's safer."

Tom snickered, playfully teasing her, "What, scared of a little thrill, Smith?"

"I don't need to ride something like that if I wanted a little bit of thrill, Hudson."

"How 'bout you, Kate? Up for it?" Jordan grinned, nudging her a little in the arm.

Kate giggled at the excitement Jordan was practically radiating, it was obvious he wanted to go on the Fireball, "Why not? Let's go ride the Fireball!" She exclaimed with a cheer, the others cheering along with her.

As half of their group went to join the line, the other half wandered around without realising that their group had also split off when Iris tugged Mae to a dart booth, wanting to win a stuffed animal, with Steven following after them leaving Elisha and Tom to wander around on their own as the two were too busy bickering to realise their friends had left them.

With their group already separated, Kate and her group split off as well after agreeing to just meet up somewhere a little later.

"I swear the game's rigged." Jordan grumbled after losing at a booth game for the third time, "They only let the girls win after the guys' have paid a lot already."

"Who knows, maybe you just really got bad aim." Kate giggled, a stuffed penguin in her arms while Jordan carried the other two large sized plushies, "I mean, the dart and the rifle I can understand but the ring toss? Come on, babe, that's like child's play."

"Hey! I won you a bear from that game!"

Kate grinned, showing up the little medium sized keychain stuffed bear, "This little thing? That's right, you did! Good for you!" She cooed like a mother would to a child.