2.6 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙪𝙥

Y/N'S P

Y/N'S P.O.V
October 7th, 1963
It's been two months since school started and since I got a job. Phillips and I have been working at Rickys brother's music shop. We've been helping customers, cleaning up, managing sales, etc. It's quite fun especially with Phillips.

"Hey you guys wanna play baseball today?" Benny asked us as we began packing our bags ready to end the school day. "Sure! We're finally free today." Kenny and Bertram let out a sigh of relief and excitement as they swung their bags over their shoulder. "Cool! So sandlot 4 o'clock." The two nodded then looked at Benny and then did a weird head movement. "Oh uh, Y/n, how about you?"

"Sorry, I got work. How about another time?" Kenny and Bertram groaned, "You have work again. It seems like everyday you have work!" Bertram complained. "I'm really sorry! I promise next time I'll join."

"It's alright if you're busy, you really want that guitar, and I want you to get it, so we can play another time." Benny gave me a small smile. "Thank you. Again I'm really sorry." I walked out of class and saw Phillips waiting for me.

BENNY'S P.O.V

"You know my sisters been teaching me how to understand girls and I think Y/n might like Phillips." Kenny stated. I looked at him confused. "No way, she can't like him more than friends." Bertram told him. "I don't know man, the signs are there." We left the class, "What signs?" I asked him. "Things like smiling a lot whenever he's around, touching, if her body is facing him, like her feet are towards him, her upper body is close to him, and many more but that's all I bothered to listen."

"Well then let's see if all those are true for Y/n. She's right there." He pointed towards Y/n and Phillips. "She is smiling a lot and widely." Bertram observed, "And her body is towards him." It seemed as Phillips said something good because Y/n hugged him. After the hug she continued to hold his hands. "And touching." I muttered looking down.

Bertram took notice of this, "Ayo Benny, just cuz those things happened doesn't mean she'll like him. There's still chance that she doesn't." I gave him a small smile, "Yeah you're right." Y/n came to us with a big smile on her face. "Benny, Kenny, Bertram! We're so close to getting the guitar, just 2 days of working and we'll be able to get it!" She excitedly announced, a wide grin on her face. "That's so awesome! We're happy for you." I cheered. "I know!" She clapped her hands together, jumping up and down.

I chuckled at her antics, it was really nice to see Y/n so excited and happy. It made me happy. "Oh we should go to the ice cream shop to tell Jamie the good news as well." Y/n told Phillips. "Jamie?" Bertram asked the question Kenny and I were thinking. "Our friend we met while working. They're cool, they're also saving up for something so we bonded very quickly." Phillips smiled at what Y/n said.

Y/N'S P.O.V

"We should go now, wouldn't want to be late." Phillips warned. I nodded and said my goodbyes. Today was Monday and it was obvious it was going to be a slow day and I was right. After entering the store and cleaning up, stocking records and fixing instruments, there was nothing to do. Not many people entered the store and the ones that did were looking for other stores. Only one person came into the store to actually buy something so being very bored, I began zoning out to the point I didn't notice someone walked in.