1.4 𝙖𝙙𝙢𝙞𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜

Y/N'S P

Y/N'S P.O.V
July 20, 1963
We walked inside of my house and closed the door. That's when my mom began squealing. "What a cute boy? Huh Y/n?" She bursted out while we were taking off our shoes. A deep blush scattered around my face. "Mama!" I whined. She came up behind me and gave me a hug. "Aww! Is my baby blushing!?! You think he is cute." I chuckled and hugged my mom. "Mama, I don't think he's cute." I respond as my mom stopped hugging me and turned me around to face her.

She looked at me with her famous 'are you dumb face?' I chuckled at this. "I know he's cute." I responded as my mom smiled widely while twirling me around. "Yay!!" She cheered as she grabbed me and we both jumped up and down. Our squealing and noise seemed to catch the attention of a Raymond quickly bringing him downstairs with a baseball bat in his hand.

"What's wrong?!? Where's the intruder?" He frantically asked while his eyes kept darting the room. "Nothing, except for the fact that Y/n has a crush." Mom excitedly told. Raymond brought his weapon down as his face switched from a worried one to a one I don't see often; a protective face. "Man, I'd prefer the intruder rather than this." He said as he walked over to us. "Oh come on Raymond, my baby has a crush. This is the first crush she had ever had and it's on the boy next door." My mom let go of my hand. Raymond grimaced at this.

"Ma, teenage boys are horrible creatures from the depths of hell come to this word to steal all precious things, such as N/n." Raymond stated as he sat down on the couch followed by me and mom.

If Benny is from the depths of hell, then why does he look like an angel?

I chuckled at his response. "But you're a teenage boy Ray." I told him. "Yes, so I know what other teenage boys are like." He said with a smirk on his face. Mom and I laughed at him, Raymond joining afterwards.

"Also, mom is lying to you, I don't have a crush on him." I said after we finished laughing. "I just admire his looks, and his perfect chocolate brown eyes with little hints of green that shine brightly in the sun, along with his perfect golden-brown sun-kissed skin. Also when the wind blows in his raven black hair that perfectly frames his beautiful face. And the way his mouth forms that perfect smile that could cause any girl's legs from a mile away buckle up and then quickly turn into jelly. He's just perfect." I sighed zoning out with a smile on my face as I imagine Benny's smile.

I was brought out of my daydream when Raymond snapped his fingers in front of me saying, "Earth to Y/n." I quickly looked at him and gave him a nervous laugh. "See, nothing but just admiration." Both my mom and Raymond definitely didn't believe me and I just sat there with a dorky smile on my face. Until I saw the clock on the wall. It said it was 7:10 and I have to meet Benny at 8 for the campout. "Anyway, lovely chatting, but I've got to go get ready for a sleepover." I stood up.

"Wait wait sleepover. You didn't run this by me." Mom told me. "Oh yeah, mom, may I please go to this sleepover." I asked. "Is Benny going to be there?" I was hesitant to answer this.

Should I lie or should I tell the truth?
Wait a minute. My body physically cannot lie.

"Yes." I slowly answered. "Since I'm a cool mom, yes you're allowed." My mom smiled. I laughed at this. "Wait wait! You're going to let Y/n go to a sleepover with guys!! You don't even let me go to a sleepover with girls." Raymond dramatically yelled. "Oh come on Raymond, it's Y/n's first sleepover and her first time liking someone. Also I trust Y/n, I know she won't do anything stupid." My mom put my arms on my shoulder and told me to go get ready while Ray continued to rant on why I shouldn't go. "Again, I don't like him, I just admire looking at him." I said. I did as my mom said and went upstairs, gathered the things I needed and went inside the bathroom to wash off all the dust and grime.

I took a nice warm shower as I hummed a small melody. I washed every inch of my body and then turned off the shower, wrapped the towel around me. I got my blow dryer and began drying my hair.

After I was done, I began changing my clothes. I decided to wear a oversized black and white hoodie and some grey sweatpants.

BENNY'S P.O.V
I was in my room on my bed, throwing a baseball in the air. I checked the time and saw that it was 7:10. I grabbed my things and quickly took a shower. After I was done, I quickly put on my clothes which consisted of some light blue jeans, a green short sleeve shirt and a black sweater on top. I grabbed my brush and began combing my hair while walking around my room.

I quickly finished and checked the time to see it was 7:45. I decided to go get Y/n as it was time to go to the campout. So I grabbed my sleeping bag, pillow, and my baseball bat and began to head towards Y/n's house. I knocked on her door to be greeted by a guy who looked a little bit older than me. "Uh hi, I'm Benny, the neighbour next door."

The guy's face soon turned into a scowl. "Raymond, who's at the door?" I heard a women's voice call. "Just the boy next door, Penny I think." The person who I learned is called Raymond responded. "It's actually Benny." I corrected him. He gave me the 'I don't care' look and the 'I wanna kill you' look at the same time causing me to slightly flinch.

Luckily, Mrs.L/n came to the rescue. "Raymond, stop giving the poor kid a death stare." She said as she moved Raymond away from the door. "Welcome Benny. Please come in." Mrs.L/n moved aside allowing me to enter. "Y/n is still getting ready, but feel free to sit on the couch while waiting." She told me. "Mama, where is my sleeping bag?" I heard a feminine voice come from upstairs. "Oh, it's in the garage. Let me go get it for you." Mrs.L/n said as she left the room, leaving me with Raymond.

"So, how are you Lenny?" Raymond asked. "Um it's Benny and I'm fine." I meekly spoke as Raymond grabbed a bat. "Cool cool cool." I gulped loudly as he came closer. "Just make sure you don't touch Y/n and you'll be fine for a long time." He threatened. "Okay." I whispered as I moved back. "Good boy, Kenny." Thankfully, Y/n came down. "Y/n!" I yelled as I jumped from the couch. Raymond looked towards the stairs and moved his bat way from me. "Oh hey N/n."

"Raymond, what are you doing with Benny?" Y/n asked the older boy. "You know, just talking to him." He said cheerfully. "And the bat?" Y/n questioned. "We're talking about baseball." She looked at him weirdly. "Ok... Anyway, Benny and I need to get going."

"Ah yes, have fun on your sleepover Y/n." Raymond patted Y/n's head and left the room. I let out a breath of relief. Y/n took notice of this and asked if I am okay. "Yeah, just remind me to always avoid your brother." She let out a giggle. "N-no problem, I would like for you to avoid my brother any-anyway." I laughed at her respond. The laughter soon died and it became very silent in the room, and it was an awkward silence. We just stood there in silence until Y/n's mom came in. "Here's your sleeping bag Y/n."

"Oh thanks Ma." Y/n took her sleeping bag. "Oh Y/n." Mrs.L/n called out. "Yeah?" Mrs.L/n motioned to the guitar on Y/n's back that I have just now noticed. "Are you sure you wanna take you're guitar with you?" She asked. "Mama, I take my guitar everywhere with me. So yes I'm sure I want to take it with me." Y/n responded. "Okay then. Be careful, take care, and have fun." Mrs.L/n said as she gave Y/n a kiss on her forehead. "Okay mama. Bye."

"Bye Mrs.L/n." I said as we left. "Bye Benny." She said back. We began to walk toward the sandlot for the campout with a few words here and there.

( 𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 ━━━ )
next chapters is going to be the campout, so stick around for that. thank you for reading. hope you enjoy the chapter!
goodbye!
( 𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝘁 ━━━ )

word count:1548