2.7 𝙞𝙩 𝙝𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙨

Y/N'S P

Y/N'S P.O.V
October 13th, 1963
Being called by a teacher to visit their class during lunch is usually never a good thing, especially when it's me. I haven't ever been called to have a talk with the teacher during lunch before today.

Knocking on the door to Ms.Alice's room, my head spun trying to figure out what I did wrong. I continued to think of the answer but nothing came to mind, I haven't done anything bad, or at least I can't think of anything bad I did. "Come in," I heard Ms. Alice voice call from inside. I opened the door, going inside and closing it.

"I-is everything a-alright Ms.Alice." I stuttered, beyond nervous, as my head still was trying to figure out my mistake. "Oh no need to be so nervous Y/n. I only wanted to talk to you about your performance in class which is out of this world. You've got the second best mark in class. The way you play instruments is exquisite and you can read the notes perfectly." She complimented.

I was surprised by this, I wasn't in trouble! "Thank you! I really do like music in its entirety, it's just-it's my entire life." She smiled, "I see that." She stood up from her desk and walked over to me.

"Out of all of my students here, you have the passion, the most fire. You don't just want the easy mark, you actually want to learn music and honestly there's very little I can even teach you. You already know so much yourself."

She looked me in the eyes. "You're truly extraordinary. You are, and don't tell the others this, but my number one student." I smiled widely at that. It felt so nice to be complimented by Ms.Alice. But my smile fell when I remembered that I only had the second best mark. "But you said I have the second best mark."

She looked at me with a serious face this time, "That's what I wanted to talk to you about. I still have yet to hear you vocally, you haven't done the vocal assignments or the singing assignments." Her facial features softened. "I know you have a hard time expressing yourself in front of people, I was like that as a child as well, but I want you to succeed and have the best mark. So I have a different idea, instead of doing all the vocal assignments you didn't do in front class, you practice with me then on the day of the winter play you will perform in the choir."

I looked at her, beginning to panic. She took my hands and gave them a small motherly squeeze. "Don't worry, you don't have to do a solo or anything, practicing with me will let me hear you alone, so there will be no need for it. The performance is only there so you can get your presentation mark. You will be surrounded by the rest of the choir and if you'd like you won't have to sing very loudly."

"Is there another option?" I asked hoping there is. "Yes," my face brightened that the word, "But it's just doing what we do in class already." My face fell. "So just practicing with you then one performance?" I asked. She nodded, "Oh with Phillips as well, I want you to build your confidence but not make you uncomfortable and I saw you and him are really good friends so I thought practicing with a friend will help you. I already asked him and he agreed with helping. So you're willing to do it?"