1.1 𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚

Y/N'S P

Y/N'S P.O.V
July 20,1963
Moving is difficult. Leaving somewhere and going to some unknown place is difficult. You don't know what's coming for you at that mysterious place, like if it's going to be good or bad. You just have to figure out when you get there. So that's why I hate moving. But through all that hate, there is a bright side to moving and that is you get a fresh new start. You get a fresh new paper to start sketching out how you want to create yourself, how you want to change yourself; for the better or for the worse.

That's why when I learned we were going to move to San Fernando Valley to be closer to our uncle, I was ecstatic. I was content, cheerful, excited, pleased and other synonyms of happy. I couldn't wait to "restart" my life because my old one wasn't the best. No friends, lots of bullies, and a lot of "you don't belong here".

Apparently, I was too boyish to hang out with the girls yet I was too girly to hang out with the boys. So who do I hang out with? Myself. Well and my 16 year old brother; Raymond. But not all the time since he is popular, he had a lot of friends to keep him company and hanging out with his baby sister will look lame in front of his friends. Well, that's what I think, even though he tells me that it's all in my head and I can hang out with him whenever I want.

"Are you excited Y/n?" My mom asked me as she looked at me in the rearview for a mere second then back at the road. I looked up from the guitar in my hand. "I guess. I can't wait to see Uncle M and start fresh. But I am scared of what's to come." I strummed my guitar. "Don't be scared N/n. You're going to be fine and if anyone tries to mess with you, they'll have to deal with your older, muscular, amazing, awesome, cool brother." Raymond looked back at me from the front seat and smirked his goofy but reassuring grin. I chuckled, "Okay cocky." My mom also chuckled at him. "Hey, at least we moved in the summer, so you got the entire month of July to help you prepare." I nodded at her. I was happy we moved during the second week of July, it means that I don't have to begin school for another three weeks giving me time to prepare for my new school.

After that, it was slightly quiet until my mom decided to talk again. "Oh hey honey, didn't you say that you wanted to show me a new song you practiced?" My mom asked me. "Oh yeah! But right now?" My mom nodded at me, "We got plenty of time so might as well." She smiled. I grabbed my guitar case and got out my music sheet. "I didn't have time to learn the full song, but this is what I got." I lined up my fingers with the strings and let out a strum. Taking a deep breath, closing my eyes as I began strumming the instrument.

'Feel a feeling light
Headed out to see the sights
Ain't life a many splendored thing?'

I opened my eyes and saw my moms eyes grow wide with shock. A wide smile began forming in her face, showing off her teeth and that little bit of over bite she's always afraid of showing.