1.6 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

Y/N'S P

Y/N'S P.O.V
July 21, 1963
My eyes shot open as I felt sweat drenched my body head to toe. Heavy breathing was leaving my mouth as my eyes became slightly blurry. I wiped my eyes as I began to sit up in my sleeping bag, only to feel the sleeping bag peel away from my skin slowly from the amount of sweat.

Symptom #1: Night sweats

After removing myself from the bag filled with sweat, I looked around and adjusted my eyes to the darkness of the night. It was still night as there was no sunlight creeping it's way into the room and the boys were still asleep, lightly snoring the night away. While me, I was awake. My breathing slowly turned back into its normal breathing as my heart rate began to slow down to its normal rate. I wiped the sweat from my face, but while wiping I felt some blood trickle down my nose.

Symptom #2: Nosebleeds

I wiped the blood on the back of my sleeve, scrunching my nose in the process from the pain of the nosebleed.

Not again. This is the second time for no reason.

I already had a nosebleed before, but I didn't think much about it. But now it's the second time that this has happened and it was becoming weird and concerning. I stared at the blood on my sleeve for a while longer, but felt an uncomfortable heat still have it's hold all over my body. It became unbearable, causing my head to spin and my eyes to water at the pains so, I quietly got out of my sleeping bag and went on the balcony.

The minute I stepped out of that crowded treehouse and stepped into the cold breathable outside, my mind felt at ease. I took a deep breath helping out my aching head and it did help out. My head stopped spinning as much and the pain was bearable. The wind was blowing gently throughout my body which rids me of the heat and sweat that was once engulfing my body. I smiled at this and slowly sat down; careful to not make any noise. I closed my eyes immediately when I sat down due to the tiredness still taking hold on my eyes.

But while enjoying the cold breeze and the silence, I heard someone plop on the right side of me, then another person on the left. I opened my eyes and saw Scott on the right and Benny on the left. "What are you doing out here Y/n?" Scotty asked me. "Um... it was feeling very warm inside if the treehouse and I wanted some fresh air." I whispered.

"Why are you guys out here?" I questioned. "Ham and Tommy began double snoring." Benny responded causing a laugh to leave my mouth. Scott smiled at me. "But it's true. Benny and I are really light sleepers and their snores aren't light sounds." I smiled.

"And since we're light sleepers, we heard you snore. Well everyone did." Benny chuckled as my eyes widened. "Oh god! I snore?!" I asked extremely embarrassed. "Yeah." Benny was still laughing causing me to blush in embarrassment and hide my head in my knees. "Okay Benny is over exaggerating to make you embarrassed." Scotty said as I lifted my head up. "What do you mean?"

"You don't snore in your sleep, you hum." I looked at Scotty confused. "But you hum extremely softly. We actually didn't know at first that you were humming until the room went full on quiet." He told me. "Yeah. And it was like a melody." Benny added making me confused again. "I hum a melody?" Both of the males nodded.

"It was the melody that you played for us on your guitar." Benny said. "Guess I heard that melody tons of times that I can actually recreate it in my sleep." I said as we all chuckled. The chuckling stopped and Benny began. "But that melody is beautiful so I wouldn't mind hearing it countless of times to the point I hum it in my sleep." He complimented and Scotty agreed with him. I smiled and heat dusted my cheeks yet again.

"Thank you." I told, smiling. They smiled back at me. After that, we began to talk about random things for the next while and one of them was school related. I learned that Benny, Kenny, and Bertram were going to the same high school as me and that there's an orientation next week to go get our schedules, ID's, meet people, and explore the school. I was excited. Especially since Benny said that I can hang out with him, Kenny, and Bertram. So I was thankful for that.

We continued to talk about random stuff until I felt a weight on my right shoulder. I looked at Scotty and saw him laying on my shoulder. "Scott? Are you tired?" I asked. He nodded in response. After he nodded I notice that I was also tired. A small yawn emitted from my mouth and Benny saw this. "Well it is like six. So we should all go back to sleep." He suggested. I nodded and got Scotty up. We all got up and went inside. We found our sleeping bags, entered them and fell back asleep again.

This time I was able to hum peacefully without waking up again.

( 𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 ━━━ )
this is like a filler but not at the same time since it's also giving hints on what the next chapters will contain. so i hope you noticed those hints and i hope you enjoy this chapter. thank you for reading and thank you so much for 200 reads. i couldn't believe it when i saw. i'm really happy people are actually reading my story. anyway, thank you for everything!
goodbye!
( 𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝘁 ━━━ )

word count:971