Chapter 44: A Change In Perspectives

(Sayaka's POV)

Walking out of the music venue, I take one glance behind me, trying to see if Makoto was there or not.

Unsurprisingly though, the luckster wasn't there. 

"He's probably doing his own investigating..."

Shrugging, I continued walking onward to do my own share of exploration.

Walking through hallways, I found myself standing at a blue door. Opening it up with my left hand, my right wrist still fractured from the incident back then, I was only met with rattling.

RATTLE! RATTLE!

"Aww, no good... the door is locked."

Pouting, I looked at the nameplate to see that this was some sort of data center.

Yet, behind the door was a total mystery, since the supposed window there was too thick to see through.

Noting this information down, I continued walking around the floor, seeing if I could find any more rooms to explore. Since, well, surely there are more rooms to explore, right?

Soon, I found myself standing in front of some sort of office. Entering inside it, I looked around the room.

Though, nothing caught my eye as I looked at desks, the flower pots, the chairs, and more.

Nothing, until...

"Hmm? What's this?"

On the floor, I spotted some sort of picture that was simply laying there. Bending over and grabbing it, I look to see that it was...

"E-Ehhhhh!?"

A picture of Celeste, Hifumi, and...

Me.

"A-Am I... hallucinating!? W-What's... going on?"

I was in a picture with 2 of my classmates, who were now dead.

A picture, where the windows in the background weren't barred in metal plates.

"What's a picture like this doing here!? I... I never recalled being in this picture before!"

...

"Actually, that reminds me... Didn't Apollo and Junko find a picture that was similar to this?"

Remembering how they reported that they found a picture of Hiro, Mondo, and Chihiro having fun together, I look back at the picture to see...

Myself, Celeste, and Hifumi, smiling the same way any normal teenager would. A normal group of high schoolers, living a normal school life.

But... in this position we're in right now, even if I somehow, someway, forgot that I took a picture with my dead classmates...