Chapter 17: A New Page

----------------

(Before leaving the Class Trial)

After witnessing Hifumi's death, before we headed back to our rooms, Monokuma told us:

"Oh, I almost forgot! Since the class trial is over, I'll go ahead and dispose of all the corpses! It's okay, no need to thank me! Just seeing your delighted, smiling faces is just enough for me! After all, nobody wants to look at a rotting corpse every day! That can't be good for your health... Nyohohoho!"

We wouldn't even have any time to mourn for our classmate's deaths. That's how sickening this whole charade is. That's exactly why he would do it, too.

Wordless, we went up the elevator and back to the main hall. Everyone went back to their rooms, shaken and terrified of the nightmares they witnessed today.

Makoto went to my room to calm down, but he didn't say a thing. He simply looked at the bed and started thinking to himself. I'm sure he did it because he wants company, so I let him do his thing. It must be hard too, seeing something like a dead body in your room.

I was also not faring well. Hifumi was my friend, and I just... felt so bad for him. Everything he told us was just... plain wrong.

I felt like scum. I felt like shit.

When Makoto left, I went to brush my teeth. Taka told us to meet up at the Dining Hall later, but I wasn't even planning on eating. I just wanted this day to be over...

And, when I finished, my doorbell rang. I walked up to it to see Sayaka. Truthfully, I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone, even her, but she seemed to be in a hurry.

Her next words shocked me to the very core.

"Apollo... I'm sorry, but..."

She takes a shaky breath, and looking into my very soul, she spoke two words that I'll never forget.

"I... lied."

---------------

(Dining Hall)

Arriving to the Dining Hall, I noticed that everyone had been there before me.

Taka: You sure took your sweet time, Apollo! I was just about to go get you and drag you back here myself!

Apollo: Sorry... 

Wordlessly, I sat in my chair. 

Hina: Erm, Apollo...? You doing alright?

Apollo: It'd be a lie to say that I'm not... 

A silence emerges as I bury my face into my hands.

Junko: Dang... This is just so, so...!

Makoto: Messed up... Everything about it is just...

He didn't continue any further.

Taka: So... Makoto, was your room fixed up like he said?