Chapter 10: The Trigger

As we made our way through the Main Hall and several other classrooms, we found the A/V Room. Glancing over to both of my friends, we opened the door.

In there, it's what you typically expect from an A/V Room. Computers, speakers, projectors, you name it.  The walls were full of decorative hangings to prevent echoing, and a huge PowerPoint Slide was held at the back of the room.

Looking around, I notice a cardboard box out in the open. Walking towards it, I could see there was something inside of it. Peeking, I notice that it was full of DVDs.

Apollo: Hey guys, check this out.

Makoto and Sayaka walk over to my direction as they glanced inside the box.

Makoto: It's...

Sayaka: ...a bunch of DVDs. And each one has a label on it with someone's name.

Makoto: This must be the "video for each of us" he mentioned...

Sayaka: I'd better go tell everyone, you two stay here.

Sayaka runs out to the hallway to gather the others, leaving me and Makoto inside the room. I would've left after her, but for some reason, the DVDs had rooted me into place. My eyes were locked at the sight, and I could tell that Makoto felt the same way. 

I had no signs of curiosity to find out what the DVDs are, but after seeing it at open sight, I felt like watching mine real quick. Walking over to the cardboard box, I scrambled the discs to try to find the one with my name on it. Eventually, I found the discs belonging to me and Makoto.

Apollo: Catch.

Tossing the disc towards him, he barely just caught it in time.

Makoto: Woah! A bit too sudden for my liking much?

Apollo: Meh.

Walking towards the nearest DVD player, I slotted my disc inside it, Makoto doing the same beside me. Putting the headset on, I stared intently at the dark screen. Until eventually...

Apollo: Huh!?

On the screen, was my mom and dad. 

Apollo's Mom: My sweet baby boy is now attending Hope's Peak Academy... *sniff* I'm so happy! 

Apollo's Dad: You better do your best, my boy! Don't overdo it, ya hear? 

Subconsciously, I nodded at the words of encouragement. A smile appears on my face as I embraced their messages. 

Apollo: Yeah, I'll do my best...

Normally, this would've been a heartwarming thing to hear. Your parents support on your shoulders as they cheered you on to do the best you could do. It was motivating as hell, just hearing them give their love and support meant a lot to me.

But, I had completely forgotten, there and then, that this was Monokuma's work that I'm toying with. 

Apollo: Oh god, there's going to be more to this, is there...?