Chapter 7: The Crook and Cranny

A normal filler chapter, I might post 1 or 2 more of these before we get to the juicy stuff. Hope you guys enjoy nonetheless, Carter Out!

---------------

About some time has passed since my hangout with Sayaka, and currently, Makoto and I were searching around the school. We were in the dorm's hallway as we examined the metal plates.

Apollo: Makoto, I thought about something earlier that I want to try out.

Makoto: What is it?

Apollo: Did you take Chemistry class during Dusk High?

Makoto: Erm, no. I took Biology and Physics.

Apollo: Well shit, because I have an idea to burn this metal plating into liquid. From there, we can see the outside.

Makoto: Oh, that's a good idea.

Apollo: Yea, but I need to know what metal this is. Don't want to try and burn the school down within.

I went over to the metal and tried knocking on it. It emitted no sound, so I assumed that the particles inside the metal were hard. It's like diamond in a sense, and those have really high melting points. It'll take the center of the earth to burn that ore down. But, I doubt this school has the budget to buy those ores.

Apollo: If only I memorized the periodic table and the melting/boiling points of metals... 

I looked over at Makoto.

Apollo: Is there some sort of Chemistry textbook we can use around here? It is a school after all.

Makoto: Why not search the school store? There's bound to be something in there.

Apollo: Oh, you're right. Let's go.

Walking to the school store, my mind was brainstorming with ideas to get out of this school. We pass by several students minding their own business as we arrived at the school store. Once we arrived there, I started to go through the items it has.

Apollo: Let's see here... Spare clothes, notebooks, pens that I'll take, towels, ah here they are!

Revealing a set of books in the corner, I searched through them all to see if there was a Chemistry textbook I could use. 

Apollo: Math...Physics... Ah, here it is!

Revealing a Chemistry book, I unwrapped the plastic around it and started to open the pages. However, this book was way off what I would expect from a Chemistry book. It was full of pictures of Monokuma posing, which was something I did NOT wanted to see.

Apollo: Eh!? What kind of-?

Makoto: What's wrong? 

Apollo: Makoto, come take a look here.

Makoto comes over and I flip through the pages. All of those pages was Monokuma posing, to which Makoto has the same reaction as me.

Makoto: Eh!? What kind of-?

Apollo: Exactly my point.

Flipping through the pages until the last one, a note lies there.

Apollo: A note?

I tore it off the book and read it.

From Mr. Monokuma:

"Whoever is reading this, I recommend you stop trying to find ways to escape. As I said, you can try, but you will NOT find a way out of here! Go and start thinking of some murder plan if you wanna get out!  I've thought of a million things to safeguard any escape, so just be a good boy or girl and accept your life here, dammit!"