Chapter 11: The Happy

Hey everyone, Carter here! I did a different writing style for this chapter, so let me know how you guys like it! I'll be using this kind of style when there are only 2 people present.

Without further ado, let's get into it.

---------------

"C'mon Sayaka... Where are you...?"

Those were my thoughts as I opened classroom after classroom, trying to desperately find where the Idol had run off to. Her terrified face burns deep into my memory, which only fueled my desperation in trying to find out where she'd gone.

After trying to open a locked classroom, I stumbled upon another door. It read, "Class 1-A".

"If she isn't in here, then I'm completely lost."

Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, I open up the door.

And inside, was Sayaka Maizono. From the doorframe, she had her back towards me. She was sitting on a chair, her hands on her knees as she stared absently at the ground.

"Sayaka?"

No reaction, whatsoever.

"Sayaka."

Again, nothing. Letting out a sigh, I walked into the classroom. I then grabbed a chair and pulled it beside her. Sitting down, I could now see her face, and it was...

Anger? Sadness?

No... It was none of the above.

Her face was simply devoid of all emotion. Nothing you could note down that you could count as emotion. Her blue eyes had paled out, as if her original mask had been stripped away.

Letting out a sigh, I grabbed her shoulder.

"You okay?"

And finally, she responds back.

"Y-Yeah... I'm fine... Actually, no... how could I possibly be fine...? What did we do to end up like this...?"

I didn't bother respond. I was just as lost.

"Why are they doing such terrible things to us...?"

"I... don't know..."

She then lets out an ear-piercing scream, one that was full of rage, confusion, and horror.

"I WANT OUT! LET ME OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW!"

"Hey hey hey! Calm down!"

She then began thrashing around, her sense of self-control had slipped away. I then grabbed her other shoulder to stay her put and shook her. That seems to have shocked her, as she lets out a sudden gasp at the motion.

"...!"

"It's not only you that feels this way, we all feel it as well! I know how you feel! Whenever I remembered what I looked at back then, I could feel myself slipping away too! But, no matter what, more than EVER, we HAVE to stay calm!"