12. 24 HOURS~The Event

AT THE EVENT CENTRE

4: 21pm.

The groom and bride's family had just made their grand entrance. Everyone inside patiently awaits the arrival of the couple though some had started complaining about what they call 'African time'.

"Mama" by Kiss Daniel was blaring in the hall so loudly that the people outside could hear. The people inside didn't care though; people used that opportunity to showcase their wedding dance steps that they wanted to show.

Children weren't allowed in the event hall so all the children were either at home or the reception lobby. But children are always stubborn so they just kept running up and down with some of the guards running after them. Whilst running after them, one of the guards slipped and fell on the floor. This made the children laugh their asses off. At least they managed to keep the children in the lobby so they people couldn't spot them or could the children disturb people.

Outside, some people that weren't allowed in due to the fact that they do not have invitation cards were arguing with the security guards. Some kept swearing that by force by fire, by hook or by crook, by any menas, they must enter.

"Oga sai nashiga fa" One man said as he removed his gara making the people stare at him wondering if he is in right sense.

The security guards sighed in frustration, they had been bickering with people for over an hour now, yet, and this man is more troublesome than all of them. "Alaji we told you already, no invitation card, no entry"

The man hissed as he carelessly threw the babbar riga somewhere behind him, "Do you know my relation to the groom?" he asked, hands akimbo. His eyes bulging out as his lips set into a scowl.

"I don't care—" one of the guards started but the man cut him off.

"My uncle's cousin's neighbor's tailor's step brother's second cousin studied in the same university with Ammar a ingila! We are relationship o!"

One of the guards used his hand to quickly cover his mouth to stop the laughter threatening to escape but he couldn't help it, "So you're relationship?" he asked the illiterate man who nodded proudly as if what he said made sense.

"Yes. We are relationship. And hi will tell him that you pupil reject me in that hall" The man said as he beat his chest glaring down at the two guards as if his eyes will fall down.

"Malam how can they reject you?" One nosy woman asked from behind.

The man turned to glare at her, "Wallahi tallahi zan mauje ki idan baki rufamin baki ba. Da bakin ki awajen kamar butan shayi(I swear I'll give you one blow if you don't shut that mouth of yours up. With your mouth that resembles teapot)"

This shut the woman up quickly as her hand quickly flew to her mouth.

"Kalle ki, se wani shegen baki kamar aljanar qauye (See you, as black as a jinn from a village)" the man hissed before he turned back to the two guards. "Will you let me in or not?"

"No sir. We can't and won't let you in"

"Today you will see pepper!!"

Meanwhile, Mr. Okparakpo adorned in a bright purple suit and matching suit pants walked around to make sure that everything goes accordingly. Perched on his head is a black hat that resembles that of witches in TV and the matching shoes.

To him that is what he calls, swagger!

"Is the bride and groom here?" He asked one of the workers as he walked to the parking lot with two people trailing behind him.