11. 24 HOURS~ The Resolve

HALF AN HOUR BEFORE THE GROOM AND HIS FRIENDS ARRIVE

3:26PM.

The makeup artist had just finished doing Aydah's makeup. Aydah finally glanced at herself in the mirror and her matte cerise covered lips stretch into a smile. She looked up and thanked the makeup artist telling her that she'll change into her outfit herself.

Just as Aydah stood up and fixed her white robe she turned to face the MUA that's staring at someone behind Aydah making her look back wondering who it is—she knew the girls were having their makeup done so who could it be. Her brows furrow in surprise when she saw who the person was. Her heart jumped to her stomach as dread filled her.

Did she do something wrong again?

No, it can't be. She didn't pull any stunt since the leaving the house one.

Nevertheless, she had to face him, "Ya Bilal..." she breathed out her voice coming out shaky but she didn't bother to hide it because it will be a waste of time. Any person that looks at her face will know that she's nervous—no, petrified will be the right word. "Can I help you with something?" she asked as her heart beats loudly in her ribcage.

She knew he wasn't there to wish her a happy married life, heck the man doesn't even talk to her until when it's necessary. It wasn't always like that but at a point in her life he just detached himself away from her for reasons he never knew and was too scared to ask. Pathetic right? But her family always has that type of effect on her. It's basically one of the many reasons she wanted to marry Ammar. At least his family sticks by one another and might never treat her as an outcast. The only people in her family that doesn't make her feel like shit are Ahmad, Hammad, Ada and sometimes her father.

"Can you give us a minute please?" Bilal said to the makeup woman ignoring Aydah's question which admittedly hurt her. She blinked and looked down not wanting him to see that though it's pointless.

"Of course Sir" the makeup woman said not spending another minute in the room as she walked out to give the two some privacy.

Once she was out and closed the door behind her, Bilal walked towards Aydah's king size bed and patted the space next to him for her to sit, and she did just that scared that if she doesn't, he'll scold her.

They sat in silence for a few minutes and all the while Aydah had been looking down suddenly finding her henna that she had done the night before interesting. She didn't know whether he was looking at her or not but whatever the case might be, it didn't ease her nerves.

"Aydah..." he started making her inhale sharply, "I don't know how to say this and even if I do I know no words can justify my actions towards you over the years"

This made Aydah's head shot up as she looked at him with slightly widened eyes, is he apologizing? She wondered as she stared at her eldest brother as if he'd grown two heads.

"I know it seems and sounds unbelievable to you but I really am apologizing though sorry is just a word until proven otherwise by someone's action" he said. "But" he stopped then as his eyes met hers, she saw something she hasn't seen in her brother's eyes for years, care. "I know you've always wondered what changed between us right?" he asked making her nod.

"I just assumed I did something wrong, especially considering what happened with Safwan" she said looking down as she fiddles with her fingers. But she was right in a way, ever since what happened with Safwan that's when her brother became so distant from her

"In a way you're right" Bilal said, "But Aydah, I didn't become this way because I hate you for falling in love with the wrong guy" he said sincerely making her blink. He sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair finding the right words to use, "See Aydah the thing is you remember what happened with Safwan vividly right? He messes with this family entirely. He had Ahmad kidnapped and made us almost go bankrupt, that was the worse stage in our family's life. Do you remember Ummita's reaction when Ahmad was found after two weeks of being kidnapped?" he asked looking up as his eyes met hers.