13. 24 Hours~The Surprise

5:36pm.

People start to mutter amongst themselves as they looked at the woman wondering if she had grown two heads.

This made her chuckle, "I'm sorry, I realize how bad that sounded. Allow me to introduce myself again. To those of you who do not know me, I am Alhaji Edrees Bulama's first wife"

That elicited new gasps from the guests who do not know about that.

Hajiya Juwairriyya turned around to glare at her husband who shook his head. He knew what her glare meant, it meant he should put an end to this charade before Laure ruins the wedding but he knew Laure. She wouldn't go down, not after she started, not until she does what she's there to do.

Besides, isn't this what Hajiya Juwairiyya wants? Something to ruin the wedding? Albeit, she doesn't want the wedding to push through, the knot has been tied and her love for her son's happiness surpasses her hate for the Barau girl.

"—Well ex-wife; considering we got divorced when he married...." She gestured her hand over to Ammar's mother dismissively, eying her with disgust, "That white thing over there"

Hajiya Juwairiyya moved her glare from her husband to her former co-wife. She and her never got along and to be honest, she was more than elated when her husband divorced the woman. However, that didn't stop her from feeling angry when the man gave her a house in Abuja after their divorce, a house in Bauchi and a driver any time she wants to travel. According to him, he only did that because they have a son together, and he loves his son just as much as he loves Ammar and Anwar.

Liana who sat along with Maryam, Ummul Khair and Anwar along with Fahad and JD, turned her head around to look at Fahad, eyes slightly widened just like the Khair. The others didn't seem surprised by the news.

Anwar, JD and Maryam already know that Fahad is a Bulama. However, Khair and Liana didn't since Aydah doesn't speak of it. It's an unspoken agreement in her household to not speak of Bulama's. And since Fahad only uses his mother's surname, it was impossible for people to tell.

"You're Ammar's step brother?" Khair asked, to which Fahad nodded, face stoic. He simply kept his gaze on his mother.

He knew what she would do might ruin Aydah's wedding, but he wanted to be selfish and make that sacrifice. There's a lot that Ammar had been hiding from Aydah, and he knew that the girl would be hurt if she finds out. So, why bother to let their marriage go on built on lies when he can allow his mother to ruin it and save Aydah from a grave heartache? If that happens, he'll also get her.

So, he's hitting two birds with one stone.

It's a win-win situation for him.

"Well, I know what it feels like to marry a Bulama and I also know the bad sides of it. So, as a good aunt, I can't let my dear niece, Aydah go through that, right?" Laure continued. Everyone else kept quiet, listening to her.

Hajiya Hameeda looked away. She wanted the wedding to be ruined but is she willing to do that at that cause? Is it worth at the expense of seeing her own daughter embarrassed on her wedding day? Could she stand to be that type of mother?

She knew she should stop her before it gets too far, yet she couldn't move. She was in a conflict internally.

Hajiya Juwairiyya fisted her fist. She wanted to stand up and lash out, anything to stop Laure from speaking further. She didn't know what's going in Hajiya Hameeda's head but she of all people should know that is her sister opens her mouth, she wouldn't only say something that would ruin Aydah and Ammar's wedding but something that would ruin both families. Is the woman willing to risk that for some stupid anger towards her family?