7. 24 Hours~The Joy

BARAU RESIDENCE.

11:21am.

"The day we've been waiting for is finally here. Cheers to a new beginning. Congratulations Mrs. Zayn Ammar Edrees Bulama. Te quiero mi esposa"

Aydah folded the card with a smile plastered on her face as her eyes flicked close. A flash of light followed her movement. She looked over her shoulder to where the bouquet of chocolate roses that lay on her bed which was delivered the minute the knot was said to be tied and another flash of light came.

She slowly placed the card back and walked towards the balcony with the long train of her mermaid gown made by Hudayya flowing behind her. She pulled the curtains stopping the natural light from coming into her room and another flash of light followed her actions when she smiled.

"And that's it!" Announced the photographer as he brought his camera down.

The room became noisy as he and his crew packed their belongings and moved out to snap pictures of the bride's mother and the event happening at the main flat. They've snapped enough picture of the bride already for now so they need to leave her to change and for her to go downstairs before they continue from where they stopped.

Once they were out, Maryam closed the door behind them before walking back into the room Ummulkhayr and Siddiqah are. Ummulkhayr and Maryam had their own fair share of the photo shoot as the bride's best friends. They snapped some pictures with the bride while they snapped some pictures separately.

Siddiqah opened the balcony door immediately welcoming in the fresh air. She breathed it in closing her eyes as her lips twitched up. The happiness she felt at the moment was immeasurable. She still found it hard to believe that she is finally Mrs. Zayn Ammar. She had finally married the love of her life and no one can dare say otherwise. She's finally a Bulama and no longer a Barau.

Alhamdullilah.

"Oh...Iyye...See the way she's smiling to herself" Maryam teased as she crashed on Aydah's bed exhaling through her mouth.

"I know right! Irin ita she's now a Mrs" Ummulkhayry added removing her heels before sitting next to Maryam on the bed.

Siddiqah still not able to hide the smile on her face turned and playfully glared at them, "Shut up" she muttered as her cheeks became crimson red making the two girls laugh.

"So.." Maryam started leaning on her arm, "how does it feel to be married?" she asked.

Aydah shrugged, "I've only been married for like...thirty minutes. How will I know?" she asked Maryam as if the question she asked her sounded ridiculous.

Maryam hissed lightly, "Ehen how do you feel in the 30 minutes?" she probed.

Aydah sighed and walked towards them before sitting at the far end of the bed. "Honestly..." she started, "It feels surreal. I can't believe after everything Ammar and I are finally married. Supposedly I'm his wife now"

Ummulkhayr rolled her eyes, "Well duh...I'm happy for you"

"Yeah me too" Maryam said reaching to her clutch. She pulled out a tissue apaper, "I just can't believe my baby Aydah is finally married" she dabbed under her eyes pretending to wipe her fake tears.

Ummulkhayr patted her shoulder to comfort her, "Do you need more?" she asked referring to the tissues as shes too pretended to be emotional.

"Yes please. Tissue!" Maryam pretended to sob louder.

"Oh shut up!" Aydah said laughing at her two goofball of friend.

Ummulkhayr was about to say something when the door flung open and a girl walked in, or more like a lady about the same age as Aydah, Khair and Maryam. The lady is dressed up in an oxblood mermaid gown that hugged all her curves and her silky hair was tied into an elegant low bun with a few blonde tendrils falling on her face by the sides.