CHAPTER 22

GREENDALE

KINKLE-WALKER HOUSE

Pov Rosalind

I open my eyes slowly and look around. Shortly afterwards I realize that I am at my house in my bedroom only I don't remember how I got there.

The last memory I have is of me and Harvey going home together then nothingness.

I came back to reality when he heard the sound of the door opening from Harvey who as soon as he met my gaze he took a look of relief.

"Rosalind you woke up, thank goodness!" all smug sits next to me on the bed.

He holds me in his arms and shares his concerns with me "I was really worried Roz! Yesterday you really scared me, then when I brought you home you slept most of the day I was afraid you wouldn't wake up anymore."

But what happened to me?

"Harvey?"

He released our embrace and said "Yes, Rosalind?"

I explained to him that I remembered nothing of that episode and asked him to tell me how the events of last evening had unfolded.

He explained to me that as we were walking down the road to go home at one point I stopped and told him I heard something while he swore to me that he hadn't really heard anything strange.

"And what happened then?"

He replied "After you went a little crazy because you were convinced that someone was following us then you passed out on the ground and then I took you home."

Who knows what went through my head?

Harvey began to gently stroke my hair and asked "How are you now?"

I replied that I was fine with only a slight headache.

"Love what time is it?"

My husband replied that it was almost time for dinner so I decided it was time to get out of this bed and get to work.

Tonight's menu will consist of spaghetti and salad.

Although I already know that there will be a fight at the table against my daughter to make her eat vegetables and stubborn as she is already sure to lose but I will try anyway.

I put the water for the pasta on the stove while I waited waiting for the pasta water to boil I started washing the salad.

When the water started to boil I looked for salt to salt the water.

Found the jar with the content I wanted with a spoon I began to pour the salt into the pasta water.

Suddenly my vision blurred but this thing vanished quickly to my relief.

When I finished making dinner, I called my husband and daughter and announced that dinner is ready.

I saw my little Sara coming running down the stairs and she hugged me "Mom, you're fine now, aren't you?"

"Of course honey."

Then Harvey also came and gave me a kiss and went to sit at the table then Sara joined him too.

I took the pasta and salad to the table.

At the first bite that Rose and Harvey took, I saw both of them with slightly perplexed faces.

Then my daughter asked me a question that surprised me a bit "Mom why is pasta so sweet?"

Then I asked Harvey if he too found sweet noodles and the answer was yes.

"I beg your pardon, maybe I'll be distracted before."

I get up and take the dishes back while I take them to the kitchen. Again I had a moment of bewilderment and all the dishes fall on the floor. Then Harvey rushed to me agitated and asked "What happened here?"

I replied annoyed "It's not hard to understand! Can't you see it with your eyes? I just dropped all the dishes."

Mortified m replied "I didn't want to irritate you I was just worried. But why did you fall?"

I told him impatiently that it just happened.

"Okay, go sit down and I'll take care of tidying up here and I'll make something up for dinner."

"Thanks but I prefer to go and relax a bit."

I go to my room and fall asleep.

After about an hour and a half he arrives and wakes me up.

"I'm sorry about dinner ..."

Harvey took my hand and said, "It doesn't matter, I have to say the pasta wasn't too bad."

I laughed weakly.

"You know Rosalind even if you feed me cyanide I would die as a happy man." having said that she smiled at me sweetly.

"Thanks for being here. I love you so much."

With his free hand he started stroking my hair shortly after he placed that hand on my forehead.

"Roz have you got a fever!!" He exclaimed in an alarmed tone.

Then he said again "I'll go get the doctor immediately."

Before he went to call him I stopped him and said, "Don't worry, it will only be a passing thing."

He listened to me but he told me that at the first symptom of worsening he saw he would run to the doctor.