CHAPTER EIGHT

POV AMBROSE

'' Ambrose where Archie went? '' I replied that he told me tomorrow that he had to go talk to a friend about what had happened and how to behave in the future.

These days I often find myself thinking about how I ended up in a similar situation and that it was quite predictable that the truth would come out sooner or later. I was awakened by my thoughts of my aunt Zelda who called me to speak already I was shaking Although I had a few centuries behind me I was shaking like a leaf when my aunt called me by name in that tone.

When he arrives in his study he invites me to sit down and says to me '' listen, I know that sometimes I can seem a bit severe but you will never have to doubt that I love you. ''

I say 'with this speech where do you want to go? '' She replies '' I want to get to the fact that if there is something you want to tell me, this is the time to do it. ''

'' Auntie, I'm not hiding anything from you! I don't know the reasons that those strangers had to attack us. ''

'In my life I have not had the good fortune to have my children but you and Sabrina are as if you were not following the example of your cousin who chose to leave without saying a word leaving a miserable letter saying that she had done it for we.''

And here is the bomb that compares me to my cousin, I knew he would use it to make me talk. '' Listen aunt I swear to you that I did nothing to attract this massacre. ''

She nodded and said, "Go see what Nicholas is like and go to rest as you need it while I will ask the survivor a few questions when he wakes up."

'' Supertiste? ''

'' Yes, Ambrose, one of the guys who attacked you, is alive. ''

At that moment he understood that when the attacker would be told that he could tell his aunt things he shouldn't have, and if in case he learned what I did and that I had involved Sabrina I dare not imagine what he could do for this I need to speak to Archie as soon as possible.

I go upstairs and look in the room where Nicholas is located '' How is Nicholas? '' Hilda turns to me and answers me '' she is fine now I think she will wake up in a few hours. Ambrose can we talk? ''

Here we start the second round.

''Sure''

'My dear, I know you've been keeping a secret for a long time and I understand the fact that you want to keep this secret to protect the people you care about but I don't understand the fact that you don't trust your family. ''

'' Aunt doesn't say it's not that I don't trust you, I just don't want ... ''

'' Dear, what do you not want to do? ''

Almost without realizing it, the tears begin to fall on my face "I didn't want to endanger anyone for my faults".

'' darling this time it went well Nicholas will recover and you and Archie will try to calm down too. ''

'' Aunt I can no longer accept everything '' now Hilda looks worried and says '' honey, you know you can tell me everything if she can calm you down, I promise you I won't say anything to my sister. ''

''I do not know what to do''.

My aunt takes me to my room trying to help me calm down '' let's do it if this secret is so important that you will only tell me what you want and if one day you will listen to it you will tell me the whole truth, what do you say? smiling at me.

I nod and trust something that happened many years ago that included both me and Archie and now people have found out what we have done and want to avenge us. ''

My aunt is whitened before these words.

'' And it's not even the worst part that happened that night '' she hugged me and said '' what could have happened to make you feel so many guilt. ''

'' I hope you can forgive me after what I'm about to tell you '' he stared at me oddly and decided to continue anyway '' that evening in an attempt to cancel what we had done involved Sabrina. It was still so small, but this helped me even though I didn't even tell Archie. ''

'' What Ambrose? ''

'' A few hours before leaving, he warned me of this situation that could happen and sometimes I find myself thinking that it is my fault that she left. ''

'' Ambrose is speechless how does he intend to proceed? ''

"I don't know and that's why Archie left earlier. He told me he had to talk to someone about it."

She nodded and before another sentence could be heard, the ringtone on a cell phone was mine, I took the phone and put the speakerphone on. '' Archie ready, is everything okay? ''

'' Ambrose is dead ... '' as he said from the voice it was clear that he was desperate. My aunt and I looked at each other in disbelief and rested '' who died? ''

'' Ambrose we have no escape, they have found us and they will kill us all as they did with Harry.''