CHAPTER 35

GREENDALE

Pov Zelda

The time has come for us to clarify by trying to get the truth about the events that happened to those who attacked us. In the room there is me and my sister Hilda who is working to awaken the witch hunter who attacked my nephew from her coma.

When I found him that evening he was in very bad shape if I hadn't arrived in time it is highly probable that he would have been dead for some time.

My sister signaled to me that our prisoner has awakened from his sleep, I approached the floor on which we had immobilized him and she clearly heard him ask us in a faint voice "Where am I? Why am I still alive?"

I replied firmly "You are in the same house you and your friends broke into a few nights ago. Before you ask me you are the only one who survived, the only reason you are still alive is because we need them. answers and you are the only one who can give them right now. "

The hunter looked me straight in the eye and replied "If the answers are what you are looking for, I warn you right away that you will not get them from me, no matter what you do."

I did not expect better!

I expected such a sentence to come from him, in fact he has nothing to lose, but he is a fool if he thinks that I have not already come up with a plan to forcibly eradicate what he knows.

Just at the right moment they entered the room Prudence, Ambrose and Archie noticed a dark aura in them. Looking at them makes me think that something has happened but they will hardly tell me.

However this is not the time to dedicate ourselves to this but later I will try to understand what happened between those three.

I exclaimed "You have arrived at the most opportune moment!"

Prudence walked over to the hunter and positioned himself behind her head to begin the interrogation, I had previously instructed her on how to act.

"Well, now we can start. So why don't you start by telling us your name?"

As expected our 'gracious host' is resisting at that moment Prudence bonded with him mentally and a battle began between them.

A battle between the hunter's will not to reveal his secrets and Prudence who fought to break through his mental barriers. A few minutes later the prisoner began to show the first signs of abating "My name is ... Auguste."

I exchanged a pleased look with Hilda. He heard Ambrose ask the witch hunter "Tell me who sent you to kill us?"

With a trembling voice he replied that he did not know but immediately after Prudence exclaimed "That's not true! He knows whoever hired him is lying to us."

I noticed from the expressions on Auguste's face that he was suffering not from physical pain but a pain of the soul. Whatever Prudence is doing in her head is working.

"I repeat the question who sent you to kill me and Archie?" Ambrose asked insistently.

The hunter had an unpredictable reaction he gave a sarcastic smile and said "Do you think we were here for you two? You were wrong if you really meant it."

Uncertainty appeared on everyone's face, if they hadn't come here for Ambrose and Archie for the reasons we all know, why were they here?

"We attacked you with the primary objective of hurting that other sorcerer who is not present here among us now. You and that blond friend of yours aren't the only ones with enemies, Mr. Scratch has them too."

Ah now it's all clear ... I understand less than before they managed to confuse my ideas even more.

Now it was Archie's turn to ask the questions "What does Nicholas have to do with this?"

He replied with a smirk painted on the cursed face he was having fun making fun of us "You can't even imagine how much whoever sent me how much you want to see that wizard dead. Also our principal added that if we found someone else from the half-witch family we should have killed them. "

Following that revelation he fell silent, the truth was obvious to all present my niece is an indirect cause of all these problems.

Prudence sternly asks him "Why does your boss want to take revenge on Sabrina? Why especially blame Nicholas? I'm sure enough to say she didn't do anything wrong."

The hunter replied "It's true the boy didn't do anything wrong but your friend rejected my boss's advances and he took it badly. You know everyone around there is a bit touchy as well as Sabrina. emotionally wounded he wants to take away the person she loves most in the world. The boy's only fault is that he is loved by the queen of the underworld. "

Oh Sabrina!

I can't think of that in all these years she has faced all the challenges of life alone. I wish the events that took place that night had never happened.

Very often I find myself thinking about what we would be like if Sabrina and I hadn't had an argument that night, but I know that the reasons why they pushed her to leave were pre-existing.

Perhaps what has happened in these days in one way or another will bring us closer.