16 | a saturday escapade

It has been exactly a week ever since the confrontation and [First Name] finding out about Nishinoya's first name. She would've never thought that the boy she has been looking for has been in front of her, yet she didn't know. The night after her phone call with Oikawa Tooru, she started regaining her memories. Memories of her and Nishinoya in it. Although she was ecstatic that her childhood friend has been right beside her for a while now, she could not help but to doubt that he also forgot about her.

Which puts her in an awkward position. What if Nishinoya already forgot about her too? Else, why would he act like they have not met before, right? Oikawa has constantly assured the girl that it was alright, and that maybe he has his own reasons as to why he acted like that. But with her thoughts constantly bugging her, she had no choice but to try and avoid the boy for a while. She knew that it would somehow hurt Nishinoya considering that she told him that she would check up on him in two days, but she had to take the time and reflect over whatever it is that must be done. It was despicable of her to relentlessly avoid the boy, she hated herself for that.

Nishinoya was gradually beginning to feel better after a week. He was preparing to walk and play again with the assistance of the team. The team was also prepping for the training camp. [First Name] learned that the Karasuno Male Volleyball Team had been invited to Tokyo by Nekoma to participate in the aforementioned training camp. She was amazed that despite their loss with Aoba Jousai in Interhigh, they were able to regain their confidence. She appreciated the team for their dedication to the sport, and she is finally understanding why she fell in love with volleyball in the first place.

It was Saturday. She sat down on the swing at the park near Karasuno High, waiting for a certain boy. She fiddled with her fingers, letting out a heavy sigh. Her talk with Oikawa was postponed for seven (7) days due to his practices and her responsibilities to fix the requirements the team needed to be able to go to Tokyo. She raised her head when she heard footsteps walking towards her until a shadow hovered on her. She was met with a troubled look on Oikawa, she knew it was because of her. Oikawa has been overprotective of her ever since they met four (4) years ago. He started developing a soft spot for the girl despite that they had always bicker every time they see each other but it was only because they consider each other a sibling. She gave him a soft smile, reassuring him that she was okay.

This was the same thing that happened three (3) years ago when the black-haired girl had her first breakdown. When she and Oikawa were playing volleyball, a ball hit her on the head and it triggered some of her memories when she was a kid. She kept on crying day after day because of the sudden flashback. It was blurry. It was messy. Having no memory of her past has always been affecting her. For [First Name], her memory is the most important thing that she wants to get back. Oikawa promised himself that she would not go through that again. He did not want to see the girl break again—which is why he knew what he had to do: push her to confront Karasuno's libero for her to get the peace that she deserves.

"You look like you've lost weight." Oikawa finally breaks the silence and she chuckled.

"You think so, Tooru?" She said, "You know, it has been a while since we last hang out together. Should we do that now?"

"If you were going to miss me that much, you should've gone to Aoba Jousai like I told you to." He smiled at the girl. "Besides, I can look after you in Seijoh, why bother going to Karasuno?"

"We have talked about this, haven't we? Karasuno has been calling me for a while. Besides, I think their uniform looks great." She genuinely smiled, giving Oikawa a sense of relief. "It's actually cute, unlike yours."

"And here I thought that we could go with one day without you trying to argue with me." He mockingly said and she laughs. She stood up from the swing and looked at Aoba Jousai's captain.