08 | aoba jousai

[First Name] had no idea how difficult it would be three days after accepting to be the new manager of the volleyball team. Sure, she expected the Karasuno crew to be enthusiastic, but she didn't expect it to be this exhausting to manage and keep them in place. She sat on the floor immediately after finishing her gym class. It was now lunchtime, and Kageyama had gone to the team because she needed to think for a while. Her heart was pounding quickly once more. She would frequently feel her heart burn whenever she became stressed while moving, so she had to calm herself before going to the team.

She had lost consciousness the previous time she overworked and tired herself. She didn't want it to happen again because it was a waste of money and time in her life. There was no way out of exercise class, no matter how hard she tried. She did not want to be excused. She opened her suitcase to get a drink to help her breathe again, but she realized that she had already consumed the strawberry milk earlier in the day. She cursed herself mentally. She exhaled, her gaze fixed on the gym's ceiling. She put her right arm over her eyes to block out the dazzling lights that were blinding her. She despises jogging for someone who used to participate in sports. It was her number one enemy.

Volleyball.

She used to play volleyball as a child. She received training from a coach at the time, so it's no surprise that she knows a lot about sports. But she stopped playing once everything went wrong due to an accident. She promised never to set foot inside a gym again when volleyball was being played. This team, on the other hand, was something special. She saw a number of clips when she was on the internet, and she saw people playing volleyball when she went to the park or the beach. She had no desire to return to the sport. This club had rekindled her love with each passing day as she watched everyone develop, even in the smallest of aspects.

She could see the passion in their eyes, particularly Hinata's. He was brimming with zeal, and despite his short stature, she could see he was a threat to his opponents. But there's one person she can't take her gaze away from. "Nishinoya," she said.

Then she felt a chilly container on her right cheek and opened her eyes, withdrawing her arm that was obscuring her vision at the time. It was Nishinoya. He asked, "Did you know I was here?" she shivered when she saw him.

"Uh, no," she answers, sitting properly as he sat beside her on the floor

"Then why did you say my name?" He asked, looking at her

"Did I?" She asked and he nodded, "It's nothing."

He hums and throws a carton at her, which she catches and examines. Strawberry Milk . She was looking at him, puzzled, and he was no longer looking at her. "I figured you would want to drink some now that your gym class is over."

She continue to stare at him, was he flustered? "How did you know I like Strawberry Milk?" She asked

"I saw you drinking one on your first day."

She raised an eyebrow, moving closer to him, "How'd you know that my gym class just ended?"

He looked at her, blushing, the gap between the two were inches alone, "Y-You!"

"Me?"

"Y-You're too close!" He panics, moving back but she followed him instead, "What are you doing?" He asks

She tilted her head, what is she doing? She looked at his eyes, "You seem familiar."

"What?"

"You." She answers, moving back and she sees him calm down a bit. Maybe she was making him uncomfortable, that's what she thought. "I feel like I know you. You look familiar, you feel familiar."