04 | new manager

[First Name] Sakai stood in front of everyone, her heart racing from the stress of being in front of the entire team. Furthermore, experiencing Nishinoya's attention seemed to exacerbate her uneasiness. She's not sure why, but he continues gazing at her. She sighed, she wants to ask why but she can't.

Tanaka has been shifting glances with her, from Nishinoya to her, and so forth. She can't help but wonder what's up with them.

"So, here is [First Name] Sakai, a first year," Daichi said loudly, "and I am expecting you guys to be on your best behavior, even you, Hinata and Kageyama!"

The black-haired observes Nishinoya's perplexed expression. That was a unique reaction. Hinata and Kageyama both responded fiercely to the special mention, but Nishinoya's response looks particularly rich coming from him.

"But [First Name] is already one of our close friends!" Hinata counters, "Right, Kageyama?"

Kageyama nodded, and Sugawara started talking as well, "She's here to watch the practice and she'll decide whether or not she's okay with dealing with you kids."

"You make it sound like we're bad!" Nishinoya whines while she stares at him. He was cute.

"Anyway, carry on with practices, she might be our new manager so be nice to her!" Daichi said

They all nodded before proceeding to their own locations; the black-haired girl observed Kiyoko eyeing them and approached her, "So [First Name], I noticed something."

"What is it, Senpai?" She asked Kiyoko and she went closer to her.

"Do you like Nishinoya?" She whispered and the said girl looked at her with a shock on her face. She crimson quickly, and [First Name] shook her head in response. Trying to calm herself down after being given a question.

"N-No, I don't even know him." she said, glancing at the floor, "but there's something different when he's around that I can't even identify what it is." She frowned.

"I'm quite sure I heard you mention 'cute' earlier when Nishinoya whined," Kiyoko giggled, "but it's okay, your secret is safe with me."

"But that's not it," She pouted, looking at the boys when her eyes caught on Nishinoya.

Nishinoya was a libero, and she had been given notice. Tanaka's services were frequently required. What also piqued her interest was Kageyama's placement of a plastic bottle on the opposite side of the court, and the black-haired girl cocked an eyebrow, knowing that he intends to spike to the targeted spot. She kept a close eye on them, gradually growing fond of the thought of watching them play. Kageyama concentrated, staring at the bottle as if he were the only one on the court.

He takes a deep breath and lifts the ball into the air, going for a spike. "That was a great shot," [First Name] grinned gently.

Her eyes was drawn to the team's libero as he responded quickly, stepping up between the bottle and the ball in the air. Nishinoya adjusted his posture, keeping his feet shoulder-width apart and his legs slightly arched, as if time had frozen for the black-haired girl yet again. Wrapping his left hand over his right fist, thumbs pointing straight down to the ground, he exhibited his platform. He expertly halted the ball's rotation and momentum, returning it to the setter.