17 | welcome to tokyo!

SAI'S NOTES: Thank you so much for 25k reads! The book is now renamed as You're In My Heart, and I have made a new cover for the book which suits the book more. With that, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

Hinata opens his eyes and looks back to his teammates. It was a match point, and whoever gets the point is the winner for Interhigh. It wasn't the cliché slow-motion that one could remember, it happened all so fast. Oikawa Tooru's serve was epic, he was a legendary setter. That was a service ace, and Karasuno failed to get the ball. With that one point, Karasuno takes to the loss. Aoba Jousai prevailed. This was what [First Name] missed as she was busy aiding Nishinoya's injury. It was a close game, and no one is still over the loss. But rather than moping around, this gave them more courage and strength to get on their feet back together.

Hinata regained consciousness, detaching his mind from the flashback he had just experienced. He and Kageyama were putting up the volleyball net in preparation for a practice match. The team is divided into two groups, and a game is started. Tsukishima and Asahi are thrown off as Hinata sprints up to get the next hit, but the ball is passed to Tanaka. Tanaka lands the spike, narrowly avoiding Yamaguchi and Ennoshita. Daichi is up next. Nishinoya is the recipient, and Sugawara performs Asahi's favorite set. Kageyama pulls off a one-touch, which is then saved by Narita, Kinoshita, and Daichi.

Hinata and Kageyama try to block Tsukishima but are caught off guard as he performs a feint instead and mocks them for falling for it. Yamaguchi serves the next time, but after Daichi receives it comfortably, he feels it could have been done better. Hinata and Tanaka try a double-quick, with Tanaka taking the ball, but Nishinoya saves it with his Rolling Thunder. Sugawara hits the final pitch to Asahi, who scores with Kinoshita just missing the ball. The black-haired girl watches as the team were playing. She looked at the team as they were getting for another set when her gaze fell on Nishinoya. Nishinoya eventually got over his injury, being able to play the sport again. The doctor approved of this if he doesn't push himself too much.

She stopped avoiding the boy for a week, but their conversations were mostly formal and about volleyball or the team. Nishinoya doesn't know what went wrong or what had happened but he didn't think about it considering that he noticed that the girl seems to have sleepless nights over the past week. Her calm demeanor was a mask upfront, but Nishinoya and the team caught on it. They knew that something was troubling her, yet they did not ask, respecting her privacy.

Yamaguchi serves and gets a net in to start a fresh set. The ball is saved and delivered to Hinata, who is eventually stopped by Tsukishima and Asahi. Hinata and Kageyama successfully pull off the rapid strike after Daichi saves it. Ukai tries to halt the game but gives in when the lads request another set. After a few more repetitions, Hinata and Kageyama attempt to practice the fast but are halted when Daichi instructs them to chill down. Ukai speaks quietly about how the team needs in-game practice more than anything else right now, but he is unsure what he can do because the neighborhood team is not always available for games.

Takeda grows uneasy in the teacher's lounge after seeing multiple graded papers that belonged to some of the players.

Daichi instructs the group to run in pairs to the mid-point at Heartbreak Hill. First up are Tanaka and Ennoshita, then Yamaguchi and Tsukishima, Sugawara and Asahi, and finally Kinoshita and Narita. Hinata and Kageyama are the final duo to go. The two start competing against one another right away, passing Narita, Kinoshita, Sugawara, and Asahi without pausing at the mid-point and carrying on. As the two continue running, Takeda is now discussing the trip to Tokyo and its timing with the group. Although the team has received permission from the school to attend, some players are terrified because soon it will be time for school examinations. He warns them that they will have to take tutoring classes and won't be able to go to Tokyo if any of them fail even one topic. [First Name] grew uneasy knowing that Kageyama and Hinata were not doing great with their exam grades.