Chapter 2

February 2014 - Weinstein Pre Oscar Party

Some reference pictures and quotes for following chapter.

http://tswiftdaily.com/tagged/weinstein-oscar-pre-party

Taylor's blue eyes shot open the moment her arm lost contact with Karlie. The bedroom was dim, a sign of dawn approaching. Taylor was lying on her side looking at the now sitting model's back.

"You okay?" Taylor asks, placing a hand on Karlie's back.

"Mhm. Water," Karlie says before getting up and gingerly walking out of the bedroom. Taylor listened attentively as she heard rustling in the kitchen, sounds of Karlie getting a drink. A few moments later the lanky model walked back into the room, with a large glass of water in hand. She offers Taylor a small smile before placing the glass down on the nightstand and crawling back into the bed.

"How are you feeling?" Taylor asks, worried about her friend.

"Well..I'm glad it is 6 a.m. and I can go back to sleep," Karlie says, doing her best to smile at the singer to ease her worry.

Taylor displays a small smile to the model, before saying, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have let you drink that much. And I only slept in here because I was nervous about you getting sick."

Karlie rolls her eyes and flashes a genuine smile at the blonde and tries not to laugh when replying, "I don't care about that, relax, you weirdo." Karlie pulls Taylor in closer to her under the blankets. Taylor couldn't help but notice how much more of a cuddler Karlie was compared to her other friends. It wasn't something she had been able to pick up on by talking to the girl on the phone, but she found herself to be pleasantly surprised by it. This behavior was unlike anything Taylor was used to, but she enjoyed the physical comfort Karlie was able to provide. Taylor hadn't realized it was something she had been craving. Both girls fell asleep facing each other, wrapped in a tight warm hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Taylor's alarm on her iPhone went off at 10 a.m. she shut it off as quickly as she could. She was glad Karlie slept right through it, she knew the model needed the sleep if they planned on having a fun night out tonight. Taylor knew she had to get out of bed and take a shower first, so Karlie could sleep in as late as possible, but the singer felt so cozy. She was warm under the blankets, tangled up with the leggy taller girl beside her. Karlie's breathing was calm and slow, a soothing rhythm that could put Taylor right back to sleep if she wasn't careful.

Taylor let out an internal sigh, as she slowly and carefully moved Karlie's limbs away from her, in order to get out of bed without waking the brunette up.

Taylor quietly padded out of the room, surprised that Meredith didn't follow her and remained in the bed with Karlie. Apparently Meredith approves. Taylor walked into her master bedroom, arms overhead stretching and releasing a yawn. She had no idea what time the two actually made it to bed, but judging by how exhausted she felt at this hour they must have retired for the night quite late.

Taylor pulled up her large window shade, allowing rays of sunlight into her bedroom, and Taylor smiled looking out at her yard. She had gotten so used to her home here she forgot how amazing it was until she experienced Karlie's enthusiasm yesterday. Taylor's blue eyes scanned the amazing greenery and the bright flowery colors mixed in, illuminated by the morning sun. It looked like a beautiful day out, birds were chirping and the sun even felt warm through the window. California was incredible, but she found herself thinking about what Karlie must see looking out her bedroom window in New York City. It must be a northeast winter wonderland, something Taylor has never experienced. A slight frown takes residence upon the singer's face, as she glances at her very familiar surroundings. She didn't even realize she hadn't been appreciating her home until this moment, and she was disappointed in herself once experiencing this revelation. She didn't want to live her life like that, maybe it was time for a change?