Chapter 2

July 7, 2014

"Don't be sad, Taylor," Karlie says, snuggling her face into Taylor's unbrushed blonde locks.

The early morning New York City is flooding Taylor's bedroom. Taylor had been extra clingy this morning when Karlie awoke to get ready to leave for Paris, not even leaving the long-legged model's side when she went into the bathroom to begin her morning routine including brushed her teeth and applying makeup.

"I know I shouldn't be, I know it is only a couple of days. But I'm still going to miss you so much," Taylor replies, her voice muffled by the shoulder Taylor has chosen to rest her face on.

"I'm going to miss you too, but you have amazing songs to record. I have to work and you have to work, then we will be back together in no time at all," Karlie assures her.

Taylor leans away and gives Karlie a small smile. "You're the only person I've ever been with who has said nice things about my music," Taylor says.

"You don't think Harry will say nice things?" Karlie asks.

"I don't know, I guess he probably will. But it's still different because I'm actually still dating you," Taylor replies.

"Which is why I completely expect for you to write the best songs of your entire career about me," Karlie says with a teasing smile.

"I'll try," Taylor replies with an eye roll.

Karlie laughs and kisses Taylor's temple. "Let me finish packing. Don't you need to get ready for work too?"

"Yeah, I'm going to the studio at nine," Taylor replies.

"Isn't this great? Usually I'm always the one who needs to get up early for the gym. I forgot you even had a job," Karlie teases as she walks towards the suitcases laid out on Taylor's bed.

"You realize you've only known me really during my off time right? I'm basically just starting up work again and I go pretty nonstop for a year and a half," Taylor replies. "I earn my vacation time," Taylor adds.

Taylor can't identify what emotion quickly flashes across Karlie's face, but before she can spend too much time thinking about it Karlie simply laughs it off.

"Okay, fair enough. So when is vacation time over?" Karlie asks as she folds a shirt and places it in her suitcase. Earlier this morning, Taylor hadn't been able to keep a smile from her face when she realized Karlie had only packed half of the clothing she would need for her trip when she was at her own apartment, because so many articles of her clothing had been left here at Taylor's place.

"I'll know when you get back. I need to set an album release date this week. It will most likely be in October. The single release will probably be late August or early September," Taylor replies.

"Wow. Sometimes I forget who you are," Karlie says with a smile.

"I thought I was normal?" Taylor asks with a smile as she climbs back onto the bed to sit beside the suitcases Karlie is busying herself with, throwing the word 'normal' back at Karlie after hearing it for months now.

"Not like that," Karlie replies, with an exaggerated groan. "I mean I forget you're, like, a musical genius. I've never even seen you hold a guitar!" Karlie explains.

"Oh yeah, I guess I didn't have any instruments at Victoria's Secret. I played the piano kind of at Rhode Island," Taylor replies.

"Oh, yeah, what a great time for me that was," Karlie replies sarcastically, thinking back to the haunted rendition of 'I Know Places' Taylor had intimately performed in front of the model, Josh, and Austin.