Chapter 7.2

"I'm done with this dumb game!" Karlie exclaims, as she stares at her collection of Scrabble letters. "I only have vowels."

"Well, fun fact, there are some consonants on the board," Taylor says drily.

"How can you like this game?" Karlie asks, frustratedly staring at her letters.

"I have Chutes and Ladders if you think that is more at your skill level," Taylor replies.

Karlie laughs and swipes at the board, sending the various words already spelled scattered across the coffee table.

"Karlie!" Taylor exclaims laughing.

"That's what you get for being rude," Karlie says laughing, pushing Taylor backwards onto the couch and taking her place on top.

"You're a sore loser," Taylor comments, playfully warding off a kiss from the model.

"Maybe," Karlie says absentmindedly, far more concerned with getting her lips onto Taylor's neck now.

Taylor laughs softly, lightly placing her hand on the back of Karlie's head as she kisses and licks her pulse point on her neck.

Karlie looks up and plants a pointed kiss on Taylor's jaw line, before saying quietly, "Please come to Sweden with me. You fly private, I'm sure there's an airport there that will let your plane land with some privacy. And the hotel isn't like other places, no one will even know you're there. It's the middle of the woods. And you're going to be so busy pretty soon, I just want to get away with you while we can."

Taylor sighs. "Karlie, you know I want to. I would love to, actually. But I can't," Taylor says softly and apologetically.

"Why not?" Karlie asks.

"If people were to ever find out, they might think it's weird," Taylor says, shrugging her shoulders.

"But I just said no one would find out! And why would they think that? We're friends," Karlie says defensively.

"Karlie," Taylor sighs. "We won't be doing ourselves any favors in the long run if we do something like this if we can so easily avoid it."

"What do you mean we won't be doing ourselves any favors by going? Of course we will be, don't you want to have a nice time together?" Karlie says.

"You know I do," Taylor replies. "I just said I do. But, Karlie, we need to think further ahead than just this weekend—"

"I am thinking further ahead of this weekend, and all I'm seeing is a completely jam packed schedule for you from August to December. That's why I'm thinking about this weekend," Karlie insists.

Taylor is quiet for a second, waiting for Karlie to relent. She rolls her head to the side and looks away when realizing it is of no use. "Karlie, please don't make me say no to you."

"I'm not making you say no," Karlie mutters.

"I can't go. For a lot of reasons," Taylor answers.

Karlie averts her eyes from Taylor's gaze and remains silent.

"Please, Karlie. Don't make me feel bad about this, I'm doing what's best for us even if it's the harder option," Taylor says, inching nearer to Karlie on the couch.

"It isn't best for me! I'm going to go there and hate it the entire time. I'm not going to stop thinking about everything I will need to do when I get back from Sweden. I was excited about the hotel before, but now I'm just going to be thinking about Josh the entire time. I'm going to be completely alone everyday once I get off of work, and I'm scared to go because I know there won't be anything to keep me busy," Karlie replies.