Chapter 18

May 3, 2014 - Harry Josh's Party  http://tswiftdaily.com/tagged/harrys-party

"But what do people wear to this thing?" Taylor asks, putting her phone on speaker mode as she tidies up her living room.

"I don't know, will you stop stressing out about it? It is just a party! No one is even going to expect you to be there it is like all models," Karlie replies, amused by Taylor's ability to worry over the tiniest of things.

"Right, I understand that, but Karlie?" Taylor asks.

"Yes?"

"What do people wear to this thing?" Taylor repeats herself.

"Oh my god," Karlie laughs. "It isn't like red carpet or anything it is pretty casual."

"Okay, but what is casual to a model?" Taylor asks, easily coming up with new questions to ask.

"You're the one who wears dresses to the gym. Actually, just dress like you're going to the gym," Karlie decides.

"Alright," Taylor answers. She had long since given up defending her gym attire.

"Okay, let me go, I'm just finishing making lunch. When are you going to pick me up?" Karlie asks before hanging up.

"Is 7 o'clock good?" Taylor asks, beginning to get excited for her night out with Karlie. They had gone over to each other's apartments a couple of times for dinner, but that has been about it for time spent together since going to the gym. Taylor still got the feeling that Karlie was hesitant to spend too much time with her. It was better than the alternative thought, that the model was spending all of her free time with Josh.

"Yup! I will be ready!" Karlie answers.

"Okay, see you then!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karlie sets two panini pressed sandwiches down on her kitchen table and takes her seat beside Josh, who is wearing his glasses and looking through a large stack of papers. Karlie waits for Josh to join her before taking a bite of her sandwich. She stares at him waiting for him to notice, as his eyes scan the paper back and forth, his brow furrowed and hand in his hair.

"Josh," Karlie says, bringing his attention away from his work.

"Oh! Sorry, Karlie," Josh answers, seeming as though he genuinely hadn't even noticed his lunch placed in front of him and his girlfriend seated beside him.

"Even on your lunch hour?" Karlie asks. She is smiling, unable to find his concentration annoying but rather endearing.

"I am putting it away!" Josh says, putting his paperwork back in his bag. "So what are you going to tonight with Taylor, again?" Josh asks before taking a bite of his lunch.

"Harry Josh's party. He does my hair for a lot of runways, he has it every year," Karlie answers.

"So is there like a red carpet and everything?" Josh asks.

"No, it is actually pretty low key. Taylor just being there is going to freak a lot of people out. I didn't even really want to her ask to go because I'm sure she is used to bigger and better things, but I'm glad she is coming," Karlie answers. She has gotten more comfortable speaking about Taylor with Josh in the passing month, and the guilt she has been plagued with is not quite as intense as it once was. She is able to push it to the back of her mind now. Only when dwelling on what she has done, does Karlie still feel physically ill from remorse.

"Oh, I would've gone if you asked me," Josh says, studying his plate.

Karlie is surprised by the statement. She didn't even think to ask Josh, mostly because he always said no in the past to events like these. "I just... I didn't think you would want to go. I didn't even think to ask, I know these events aren't really your thing," Karlie responds, feeling a little bad now.